Beatrice Boring and Baby Mischief Blank O'Lantern

Tampa Doll

Well the last thing Beatrice Boring O'Lantern remembers is feeling sleepy and having a slight pain in her side when she fell asleep in the patch last night.

On awaking this morning to her surprise what does she see appearing for mischief eve, Baby Mischief Blank O'Lantern. He was awake, loud, and looking for breakfast.

Is this a Trick or Treat?

Now were they just dreams she was having at night in the patch or maybe she is not so boring after all. lol

th_medBeatriceBoringBabyMischiefBlankO.gif(clickable)

ladylinoleum had a contest on her blog. All you had to do was design a face for the pumpkin Boring o’lantern, and fax or e-mail it back to her. She would then send you the pattern for the pumpkin.

So I sent the picture of my design, got a copy of the pattern and off I went. What you see is the result of a lot of laughing and imagination.

Enjoy Beatrice and Mischief o’lantern, I know we do.

You will NOT believe this (or maybe you will but..). I read the title to this thread and my heart did a flip-flop. My Grandmother's name was Beatrice Boring. It was she who inspired me to crochet. Isn't that strange that her name would come up on a crochet forum and I didn't put it there.

It actually brings tears to my eyes---makes me feel like she knows what I am doing.

Sorry to get sappy in your thread! LOL

You will NOT believe this (or maybe you will but..). I read the title to this thread and my heart did a flip-flop. My Grandmother's name was Beatrice Boring. It was she who inspired me to crochet. Isn't that strange that her name would come up on a crochet forum and I didn't put it there.

It actually brings tears to my eyes---makes me feel like she knows what I am doing.

How cool is that coincidence I think not ;)

Well, Rebecca, it was an accident that we picked Beatrice. We were trying to think of a name to rhyme sort of with Boring. It is sort of funny that the full name was the same as your Grandmother's. I am sure you had a good tickle anyway over mine. She is must of been one cool lady and I hope you liked the way mine looked.

Thank you everyone for the compliments. The baby cracks me up also. That was actually John's (DH) idea. He made the graph, I crocheted it and then attached it with single crochet around the graph to the pumpkin.

Have as much fun looking as we had putting it together.

Hi Mary Jo... long time no yak...

I just love your tables and the way you post your pics... this one has to be one of the best. Such drama!!!

You crack me up. Missed you. Love your work... your grandkids are so very lucky!

Mare

• 4 weeks later...

Great job! I send Lady Linoleum a story in the contest too and meant to make them myself...but lazy me didn't get around to it. Good for you and your gumption!

Are you as eager as I am to see what the good Lady makes?

Archived