Ripe Wheat doily

MimiFL

Thanks for the comments. :manyheart

Can't say I've ever thought of making this into a tablecloth. I think, though, that if you were to do that, you could use one of the square motifs here and insert them on their sides at the intersection of four round doilies. How you join them would be something you have to decide, but I think it could work.

Mimi, thanks so much for the link. It's now on my Faves. Actually, I was thinking of another way to make a tablecloth, too — by continuing the design, repeating the sheaves of wheat onto another outer ring. Probably you would want to double their number, placing sheaves between the ones already there. If you got your rhythm going it could be as big as you wanted. I think I'm going to play with this some. :P

I can't believe I'm starting this with half a queen-sized ripple blanket already going for my granddaughter...

Inspired by jura2908's version of this doily, I decided to give Ripe Wheat a try. I love this pattern. :c9 I used Royale #10 in 'Cream' & it came out to about 18" across.

wheat_doily ebay.jpg

wheat_doily_detail.jpg

*** I just finished this doily!

I did mine in #30 ecru. It was a pain in the butt to starch and pin! :lol :lol

I can't take a pic of it yet, though. Camera is down. In a few days I should be able to post pics of the 3 doilies I've finished this week.

:devil

Archived