My MoMo the Octopus

angel

I love this pattern, he is so cute...since my MoMo is pink and obviously a girl octopus, I think she should be named MiMi :)

I had trouble with the legs (couldn't work out how I was supposed to attach them because I am not a seamstress!) so I modified them slightly, they don't look as nice as they probably should but at least they're on :)

momo2.jpg

momo3.jpg

(the wonky legs).

momo4.jpg

I couldn't embroider the mouth very well, either but I got there. I will look out for the plain black eyes, because I think they looked so cute in the pattern picture but I haven't found any yet.

I'm going to be selfish and keep MoMo for myself! :)

-- Michelle

Thanks, everyone :)

The thing I am most proud of is that I remembered to move the safety pin every round...except once (and then I managed to count back and find the beginning) - I've never crocheted in a spiral before :)

Midds, the pattern is from http://www.roxycraft.com - she has lots of great patterns, this is the first one I've done and I think it was pretty well-written and easy to understand (the legs thing is my own fault).

-- Michelle

aww... Michelle is it adorable!!! I think your sewing looks fine, an besies, no one sees the bottom of it :D It's not selfish to keep something for yourself, just rare!!!

Thanks for letting me know where you got the pattern! I'll have to check out the patterns on that site. Thanks again & Have A Great Week!

Thanks, everyone :)

The thing I am most proud of is that I remembered to move the safety pin every round...except once (and then I managed to count back and find the beginning) - I've never crocheted in a spiral before :)

Midds, the pattern is from http://www.roxycraft.com - she has lots of great patterns, this is the first one I've done and I think it was pretty well-written and easy to understand (the legs thing is my own fault).

-- Michelle

I found black safety eyes at Joannes and also Roberts. Very cheap, too. :)

I am pretty sure Michelle is from Australia.. We don't have Michaels or Joanns etc :no

I am pretty sure Michelle is from Australia.. We don't have Michaels or Joanns etc :no

Sadly, that is true (not sad about being in Aus, just not having those stores)...Spotlight isn't too bad and there's always the internet! :)

I am going to try another MoMo (at least one more, for a friends baby) and then some of the other Roxycraft patterns are waiting :)

-- Michelle

Archived