Chic "Suede" Shoulder Bag

jobean

What a cute bag! :c9 Chic suede is a great description for it too.

I love it so much I had to purchase your pattern! Very nice bag, you did a wonderful job on yours & I like the color as well.

Thank you for making the pdf file available to dl by link right away. I thought I would have to wait to get the pattern. I am looking it over now & still need to get the materials but I look fwd to crocheting it!

By the way, I notice it requires an F hook. Is it very difficult using the F hook on the thick suede?

Has anyone that purchased the pattern completed their bag yet? I'd love to see other variations of it. :hook

I can't decide what color to get. I LOVE that Mocha...may use that also.

edit: I may have to snatch a handle off another bag, those straps are so darned expensive. I may go to the thrift to find a bag with a great strap to use. With the suede & other notions, I have to cut cost somewhere lol

oh & I have never sewn a zipper on...that should be interesting lol

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks! Quilters mesh is a plastic canvas mesh that is sold in the quilting section of stores such as Michaels or Walmart. It is stiff but flexible and provides additional support. My local Walmart carries it for less than a dollar. Hth!

I've been meaning to post here that I completed my chic suede bag! I wanted to use the same color you used jobean but when I bought my yarn, Hobby Lobby had clearanced the suede & they only had one ball of mocha left. :( I decided I couldn't wait especially with yarn on sale :lol so I went with the chocolate color (i forgot the actual color name lol)

I recently posted a pic to my blog if anyone wants to see the bag. I love it & kept it for myself. :D Thank you Jobean for a wonderful pattern. It was very easy to follow & works up quickly. I plan to make another bag in mocha when I have time & acquire the yarn.

note: Mimi, my cost came in around $18 total. That included the pattern, 2 balls of suede (4.13 each), a strap from Walmart ($3 or $4) & other little notions like zipper & hardware. I already had some lining material so I didn't need to buy that. I lined it in red cotton. I think it could be done for even less if it wasn't lined...the suede is thick so there are no holes.

... my cost came in around $18 counting the pattern. I think it could be done for even less if it wasn't lined...the suede is thick so there are no holes. I found a camo strap for $3 at WM that I used & the lining I used was some red material I already had.

I thought suede yarn would cost a lot, glad to know you even got it on sale :D

I love that with suede yarn, it almost doesnt look like its crocheted, and this design is so chic! :hook

• 2 months later...

Oh no!! I lost my pattern! :( I thought I had it saved when I reformatted but I can't find it anywhere, and I can't even find the hard copy I printed of it either.

Bad cat.

Archived