Chic "Suede" Shoulder Bag

jobean

Great bag! I had a look at your Etsy store and noticed that you had some other purse patterns too. I like all of them! Now, which one to choose...?:think

Thanks everyone!

Good handles are hard to find, especially at a reasonable price. I keep an eye open for sales and if I find something I like I add it to my stash. Lately I've started to make my own handles because I wanted something stronger in leather.

What a trendy style! It's a great looking purse, I've been looking at patterns requiring Lion Brand Suede.

Ditto, I am having a time trying to find some stuff to make that looks as good as this purse! Great design!

Wow, that purse is terrific. How hard is the assembly? Then again, who cares. I'll just buy the pattern anyway, no matter how hard it is.

Edit - I broke down and purchased a copy of the pattern last night. I can't wait to get it, so I can see what needs to be done. I have a young teen on my Christmas list, and I'm thinking she'd LOVE this in purple Lion Suede. :D

librarycat513, based on your blog projects, you should have no problems with the pattern. I would say the pattern is for advanced beginners and it looks like you're clearly past that. Just holler if you have any questions.

I have been wanting to try to crochet a purse. I love this one! :manyheart It is gorgeous :cheer I purchased the pattern and can't wait to receive it!:yay

librarycat513, based on your blog projects, you should have no problems with the pattern. I would say the pattern is for advanced beginners and it looks like you're clearly past that. Just holler if you have any questions.

I've printed out and taken a look at the pattern, and the hardest things for me I think will be adding the zipper and the lining. I can sew, but I'm not great at it. Everything else though is very well explained and I don't see that I'll have any real problems with it. It's a gorgeous pattern, I may do one for myself first as a test run before doing one to give as a present.

BTW, I love you sig line.

I've printed out and taken a look at the pattern, and the hardest things for me I think will be adding the zipper and the lining. I can sew, but I'm not great at it. Everything else though is very well explained and I don't see that I'll have any real problems with it. It's a gorgeous pattern, I may do one for myself first as a test run before doing one to give as a present.
Thanks librarycat513, it's really nice of you to say so. I'm always a little concerned about doing zippers too but after it's done I wonder why I was hesitant. I included a couple of tips for better results. I also used to only machine stitch zippers but after handstitching a couple I probably won't anymore. I was surprised handstitching was much easier and the results much nicer than I expected.

Archived