Michigan

Wow, sure are alot of Michiganders here. I'm in Hazel Park......9 mile and I-75 area! I grew up during the school season in Warren at 14 mile and Ryan and summers in Alpena. I graduated from Warren Mott. My parents graduated from Clawson back in the 50's. This computer makes the world seem so small, and then I realize.....it really kinda is!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I've just joined today!

I'm in Westland, but will be buying a house in Dearborn Heights this summer! Nice to "meet" y'all.

If a get together could be arranged, I'm all for it!

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow! So many fellow Michiganders!! I was born in Detroit, lived in Belleville for a few years, then in Petersburg (near Monroe) until I graduated from high school. We have been living here in Plymouth for the past 6 years!

:hook Tammy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to everyone. I live in Holly, Mi., moved here from Calif. in December and find the winter months have you sort of stuck in the house and plenty of time to make much needed warm afghans, where in Calif. I made them to throw across the couch and not use.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I am new to crochetville. I am from Clarkston. Grew up outside of Port Huron in a little town called Goodells. Graduated from Yale High School. I had a 20 year absence from crocheting but picked up my hook again last October. With the poncho craze, I made 10 ponchos for Christmas gifts last year. I have now contracted the crochet virus and can't get rid of it! Glad to meet all of you.

Newcrocheter

AKA Barb:manyheart

I am currently in Southfield, but hope to be back in Belleville by the first of the month.......

I used to live in Belleville! :cheer We're out in Plymouth, not to far from Belleville!

Tammy :hook

Yay for Michigan's crocheters!

I'm also from the mitten state. Warren, to be exact.

I only know one other lady in my area who crochets. She's the one who taught me how!

I think it would be so fun to have monthly crochet getogethers! Just picture it....gathering at the Coffee Beanery and sharing our yarn stories as we work on our lastest WIP's and sip coffee while it snows 5 feet of pretty white stuff outside.

-sigh- :ghug:wbrr

Hi to everyone. I live in Holly, Mi., moved here from Calif. in December and find the winter months have you sort of stuck in the house and plenty of time to make much needed warm afghans, where in Calif. I made them to throw across the couch and not use.:)

Hi Dottie-I am new here and also live in Holly. Been here for 9 years and still know almost no one. Pretty hard to believe in such a small town, huh? Anyway, was just surprised to see someone here that is also from Holly. Must have been a big adjustment from California. I used to live in Colorado but that was 15 years ago. Maybe we should see about getting together and sharing crochet ideas, etc.

Randa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I live in the center of the state. Sheridan is an hour from Lansing, Grand Rapids or Mt. Pleasant. Lived in Grand Ledge (just a few miles west of Lansing) all my life. Crochetville is awesome. Lots of nice people here.

Marlene

Wow! There are really a lot of new folks joining from Michigan....must be due to the upcoming weather :2snow and everyone is pulling out their hooks for scarves, mittens, sweaters and the like!! :wbrr Now to just get some more folks joining from the western side of the state so I wil have someone to crochet with when I am back in December and eventually when I move back for good! Kinda crazy, but I miss the :snow !!!

Hi Kimberly, I looked at your fur scarves. There really nice. Can you give me any tips on crocheting with the fun fur. I've been crocheting for years and can not figure this out. I am crocheting fun fur and worsted weight yarn together with a size N hook. It looks like a mess. :think I'm not sure what I may be doing wrong or if I have to comb it or what I have to do. Can you help me? Thanks for your time.

Marlene

Archived