Michigan

oct. 14? hmm....

are there any other groups in the Metro-Detroit area?

Yes, there is another group - in Ann Arbor, meeting at 2603 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor At the Espresso Royale. You can't miss this

store located next to Blockbuster video near Plymouth road in The

Traver Village Center at Plymouth and Nixon. All are welcome!

The meetings are every other Wednesday at 7:30 pm, and the next one is this week (October, 4). Go to michigancrocheters yahoo group for an update.

it is on the East side of Ann Arbor, so it will be quite close to you.

Anna

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oct. 14? hmm....

15 and Groesbeck? hmmm...

Wendy's? hmm.....

i might just be able to go...

but i might be working at my wendy's that day (6 mile and haggerty)

its from 1-3 right?

idk ill have to see how my schedule turns out. ill prolly be working from 11-8 that day, but if im not i might just go.

are there any other groups in the Metro-Detroit area?

Well if you can't make it this month, it's the second Saturday of every month, 1-3 (usually we stay longer, and some get there earlier, but those are the "official" hours) Hope to see you there sometime!

Yes, there is another group - in Ann Arbor, meeting at 2603 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor At the Espresso Royale. You can't miss this

store located next to Blockbuster video near Plymouth road in The

Traver Village Center at Plymouth and Nixon. All are welcome!

The meetings are every other Wednesday at 7:30 pm, and the next one is this week (October, 4). Go to michigancrocheters yahoo group for an update.

it is on the East side of Ann Arbor, so it will be quite close to you.

Anna

One of these days I am going to make it to one of those meetings. Keep us updated on them!

One to three is our official times, but we are often there longer than that! Hope to see you there the 14th!:yay

If I can get a sitter, I'm there!

If I can go, I will PM you for directions, if that is ok... :D

If I can get a sitter, I'm there!

If I can go, I will PM you for directions, if that is ok... :D

That's fine. Just so you know, I bring my daughter, she's 6 and pretty good at entertaining herself.

Crystal, I will be happy to see you there! Please not the schedule changed from Tuesdays to Wednesdays.

Anna

I did notice that! Hope to make one soon!

That's fine. Just so you know, I bring my daughter, she's 6 and pretty good at entertaining herself.

Very cool. My daughter would probably want to go then, especially if she knew that another child was going to be there. My boy's on the other hand...LOL

Hello! Sounds like we're going to have some NEWBIES at our Metro Detroit Crafters group on October 14th! Yeaaaaaaaaah!! :cheer

Anna will be teaching Tunisian Crochet that day, so bring a hook and some yarn! :hook:yarn

I love doing Tunisian Crochet, I have a pattern that is done in Tunisian crochet knit stitch that looks like it was all knitted when actually it was crocheted!

I love doing Tunisian Crochet, I have a pattern that is done in Tunisian crochet knit stitch that looks like it was all knitted when actually it was crocheted!

I love Tunisian crochet, too! In fact I am going to teach Tunisian on the forementioned Metro Detroit crafters meeting October, 14. That would be great if you could come to the meeting and share your Tunisian projects with us.

I love Tunisian crochet, too! In fact I am going to teach Tunisian on the forementioned Metro Detroit crafters meeting October, 14. That would be great if you could come to the meeting and share your Tunisian projects with us.

Anna,

Rose and I both have hooks and are eager to learn!!!:cheer

:2blush LOL I just realised that I worded that wrong, I haven't made that pattern yet, and what I have made in the past, I don't have anymore, they were gifts, but I can't wait to join in! I'll make sure to pul out my Tunisian hooks and bring some extra yarn, if I am able to come. If I remember, I'll try to bring the book with the project that I want to do. :)

The last thing that I made in Tunisian was a head kerchif that I designed for a friend/co-worker of mine a few years ago for Christmas.

The majoity of what I made, I don't have anymore because I alway end up giving them to family and friends! LOL I only recently started to take pictures of what I make.

Thank you all! I am really looking forward to meeting other crocheters!

• 2 weeks later...

There is a group of us meeting at the Wendy's at 15 and Groesbeck tomorrow (10/14) from 1-3 pm (some may be there earlier and some may stay later). Please join us! I look forward to seeing some new faces this month!:hook

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is a bit late, but I've been sick. We had a great time at our Metro Detroit Crafters meeting on the 14th of October. Anna taught us how to Tunisian crochet, which I must say I LOVE!!!

I'm sorry that no one new could join us, but our next meeting will be the second Saturday in November, which is November 11th. Hope to see some new faces there!

• 3 months later...

Just an update The Metro Detroit Crafters will be meeting Saturday Feb. 10th at 1 pm at the Wendys on the corner of 15 mile and Groesbeck. Hope to see some new faces there!:cheer

• 1 year later...
wow, looks like I need to head to detroit one of these days!!!!! Grand rapids resident here. I have not heard of any groups in my area yet, but it sure sounds like you guys have a great group going!!!!!

Not sure of any groups in the area but I haven't put huge amounts of effort into looking either. I live in Howard City which is north of you by 20-40 miles, depending on where you are in GR. You could try the yarn shop in Rockford, can't remember what it's called, they're kind of pricey so I rarely shop there even though they have some fabulous yarns.

wow, looks like I need to head to detroit one of these days!!!!! Grand rapids resident here. I have not heard of any groups in my area yet, but it sure sounds like you guys have a great group going!!!!!

Have you checked out City Knitting yet? You may be able to find something there.

www.city-knitting.com

Archived