Michigan

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Kimberly, I looked at your fur scarves. There really nice. Can you give me any tips on crocheting with the fun fur. I've been crocheting for years and can not figure this out. I am crocheting fun fur and worsted weight yarn together with a size N hook. It looks like a mess. :think I'm not sure what I may be doing wrong or if I have to comb it or what I have to do. Can you help me? Thanks for your time.

Marlene

*sigh* Promise not to tell? The big ones I knitted! I started out trying to crochet them began to go crazy! With knitting since each stitch is on the needle, there is not any issues finding the next one!

I did crochet the llittle doll size scarves with a size K hook and in lots and lots of light! I basically tried to feel the stiches and since they were really narrow with only 6 stitches across it was not that hard to follow! I crocheted really loosely which helped also in finding the stitches!

Best of luck!

• 2 months later...

There sure are a lot of Michiganders here!

Hi to everyone. I live in Holly, Mi., moved here from Calif. in December and find the winter months have you sort of stuck in the house and plenty of time to make much needed warm afghans, where in Calif. I made them to throw across the couch and not use.:)

Dottie- I'm just the opposite! Born and raised in Bay City, MI, and moved to CA 5 years ago! LoL Now I make scarves and mittens and send them home to my family, cuz you know I don't need them here. :P

• 2 weeks later...

i was born and raised in the L-I-V...LIVONIA! I went to school in Grand Rapids and Ypsilanti (how many non-Michiganians can pronounce THAT one?) and now live in Farmington Hills, which is just about as exciting as can be.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow Michiganders! If you have time, please check out my post in "Crochet sightings" and "Seeking patterns". I saw a girl wearing a poncho in Flint and I need help finding it. My hope is it was either bought in a store locally or hand made by a crochetville member. Thanks guys. Hope we can all get together one day.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all. I just found this thread and am a bit amazed by how many other Michiganders there are here. I live in Waterford right now, but I grew up in Holly. (I'm amazed to see anyone here from Holly, let alone two people--it really is a small world.)

Has anyone ever gone to the Michigan Fiber Festival? I went last year and really enjoyed myself. I plan to go again this year and buy a lot more. :D

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this thread. My sister just had back surgery and I've been spending a lot of time at the hospital, so I haven't been on the computer at all.

The Michigan Fiber Festival is August 19-20 in Allegan, MI. The website has more information about workshops and demonstrations. Last year I mostly shopped, since we managed to miss all of the demonstrations that I wanted to see and I found out about it too late to go to any workshops. I may try to make it to at least one of those this year. The shopping alone makes it worth going, in my humble opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings to all the Michiganders:cheer I grew up in Warren, MI too. Went to Ascension Grade School and St. Clement High in Centerline. Now I live in the Ypsilanti area. My oh my, talking about Warren brings back memories of long long ago. I graduated from HS in 1968.

Most of my friends went to Lincoln High in Warren. I was sent to St. Clement in Centerline. I grew up in Warren, but now I am in the Ypsilanti area.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marlene, where are you in relation to Mt. Pleasant? I live about 45 minutes due south of Mt Pleasant and I think you are west of me possible over towards Greenville. I am working on my second project with fun fur and this time am using it with a worsted weight as well however I an making a toy so I'm using a G hook. Fun fur can be a little tricky to work with that if for sure. Hope to hear from you soon.

• 1 month later...

wow i never saw this before nice to know there are people near me.

i'm in warren but grew up in oakland county went to mercy hs-- long ago

love to knit,crochet,almost everything artsy.

have a second home in houghton lake and i just love going to arne's great arts and crafts shop. anyone know the area, only a 2 1/2 hour trip for us

snomo winters and boat and jetski summers. lot of great little resot shops

Egads. I just joined this forum and found this post - can't believe how many crocheting neighbors I have, lol! I'm in Southfield, grew up in Livonia - lived in Port Huron and also Birch Run for awhile. My dream is to get back to where I spent summers growing up, in Harrisville. I REALLY miss the beach.

Allie

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again! I'm back to Crochetville, but I'm now LavenderBear and not LavenderBear929! Anyway, I am still near the Macomb Mall in the county of Macomb and I am one of the leaders of a local group called "Metro Detroit Crafters." We meet at a nearby Wendy's the second Saturday of the month for anyone who wants to come, sit, and crochet/knit/scrapbook or work on any craft they want to do! We teach each other things, which is a nice advantage! We als make items for local charities, have exchanges every month, and show off the items we've made each month! Come join us! :cheer

Hugs and prayers,

~Suzanne~

Hi All! I also grew up in Livonia when it was farmland and dirt! I've lived in Waterford, Farmington, Novi, Walled Lake and out of state (Illinois) for a while. I am now permanently settled (I hope!) in Hamburg Township (Pinckney Mailing). I love it here and am so glad we have so many of us fiber lovers all over our state! Have a nice Memorial Week-end and Happy Hooking!

• 1 month later...
Hello again! I'm back to Crochetville, but I'm now LavenderBear and not LavenderBear929! Anyway, I am still near the Macomb Mall in the county of Macomb and I am one of the leaders of a local group called "Metro Detroit Crafters." We meet at a nearby Wendy's the second Saturday of the month for anyone who wants to come, sit, and crochet/knit/scrapbook or work on any craft they want to do! We teach each other things, which is a nice advantage! We als make items for local charities, have exchanges every month, and show off the items we've made each month! Come join us! :cheer

Hugs and prayers,

~Suzanne~

Hi Suzanne!!!

Wish your group met on a different time or that I could get there before it ended. I work until 3 each Saturday!

Most of my friends went to Lincoln High in Warren. I was sent to St. Clement in Centerline. I grew up in Warren, but now I am in the Ypsilanti area.

Hey Daisy! I am practically just down the street! I live in Plymouth! :D

Just wondering if anyone in Macomb or Oakland counties were planning a get together? Also I'm going to Michigan Adventure in a couple weeks, any good Yarn stores out that way?

Not really...I live in Walker now (near GR and Muskegon)...nothing too stellar :( Im originally from Kalamazoo, but I am a grad student here in GR now. Anyone near here, let me know! PS--have fun at Michigan's Adventure...I have begging my fiance to go with me all summer!

Not really...I live in Walker now (near GR and Muskegon)...nothing too stellar

Thanks, oh well, that's just less money I'll spend.

Hope you get to go before summer is over!

Archived