Michigan

WOW...I can't believe how many of us there are from MI. I live in Clinton Twp and have lived there my whole life. I hope to get to the next Metro Detroit Crafters get together in September....this was just a busy weekend for me and I had to miss this one.

I was wondering if anyone was planning to head to the Mary Maxim Tent Sale that starts on Aug 17th? I remember going many years ago with my mother who was an avid knitter and always looking for a bargain :) and never missed it. I tagged along a few times with her. Now my daughter is planning to go with me and then we are planning a lunch somewhere in Port Huron. Just wondered if anyone else was going to venture up there to check out the bargains?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deb,

I didn't realize MM was having another tent sale this weekend! Crystal, Elizabeth and I went there a few weeks back and, to our surprise, they were having one then! Our MDC group usually goes to both Mary Maxim and Hobby Lobby when we go on a field trip to Port Huron/Ft. Gratiot! Have you made it to the Hobby Lobby yet? We've been hearing from the Hobby Lobby employees that they have a new store opening in Sterling Heights! But then Crystal and I heard, from a Joann's employee, that it was opening in St. Clair Shores! Either one would be FINE by me!! :clap

Let us know what treasures you get this weekend!! Have FUN!! :yes

WOW...I can't believe how many of us there are from MI. I live in Clinton Twp and have lived there my whole life. I hope to get to the next Metro Detroit Crafters get together in September....this was just a busy weekend for me and I had to miss this one.

I was wondering if anyone was planning to head to the Mary Maxim Tent Sale that starts on Aug 17th? I remember going many years ago with my mother who was an avid knitter and always looking for a bargain :) and never missed it. I tagged along a few times with her. Now my daughter is planning to go with me and then we are planning a lunch somewhere in Port Huron. Just wondered if anyone else was going to venture up there to check out the bargains?

I look forward to meeting you at the meeting. Bummer I'm going to have to miss the MM tent sale! This is the first weekend of the Ren Fest and I'm working there! Hope you find something good. We usually take feild trips out to PH and hit MM and HL. Let us know how your trip was!

Just wanted to let you know I got some goodies at MM. The prices were okay and pretty cheap but not fantastic. My daughter picked out some yarn for a shawl/wrap she wants and then she picked out some Pattons Divine in a pretty orange sherbert color for a scarf. I got some purse handles and a few pattern books. They did have a LOT of the fancier Moda Dea, etc yarn at 50% or more off and boxes and boxes of them. My daughter also picked up a few patterns she wants me to make for her.

The sale is supposed to be their annual one and goes until the Tuesday after Labor Day (I believe)...it's listed at their site. I may have to go back again just to see if they lowered any prices.

Suzanne...I have never been to Hobby Lobby and didn't even realize there was one in MI. I think I saw that it was by E. Lansing ?? and my daughter was going to MI State. I wish I knew that then. :) It would be great if they opened one closer to us.

Crystal .... How was the Ren Fest. I have to say I have never gone but my brother just loves it and goes usually more than once each year. I bet it is fun working there. Do you get to dress up in costume ???

Suzanne...I have never been to Hobby Lobby and didn't even realize there was one in MI. I think I saw that it was by E. Lansing ?? and my daughter was going to MI State. I wish I knew that then. :) It would be great if they opened one closer to us.

Crystal .... How was the Ren Fest. I have to say I have never gone but my brother just loves it and goes usually more than once each year. I bet it is fun working there. Do you get to dress up in costume ???

Glad to hear you found some good things at the tent sale! There is a HL in Port Huron too, just a little further north from MM!

It is fun working at Fest, yes I dress up! You should try to come sometime!

Deb,

Congrats on getting some nice goodies at Mary Maxim! :cheer As for the closest Hobby Lobby, it was less than five minutes from where you were in Port Huron! You come out of the parking lot from MM, turn right, go to the light, turn right, stay on that road for about 3 miles, and it's on the left hand side not too far past the mall! The city is actually Ft. Gratiot, which is between Port Huron and Lexington! Next time you go, go check it out! And be sure and go to Hobby Lobby and see if they have a 40% off coupon for that week and to see which yarns they have on sale! They've got a lot of nice Yarn Bee (their brand) yarn and they also have a clearance section of yarns too! :U

I hope you're able to come to September's MDC meeting! Today I am heading to a new craft group in Warren!

I am from the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. Is anyone this far North?

Have vacationed a LOT near Cedarville... Does that count?

:) Margy

From the Holland/Grand Rapids MICHIGAN area. . . .

:)

Hi Margy! I'm originally from Muskegon...well....okay, Fruitport, but I'm living over in Belgium now. :)

Was just back in Muskegon and GR the past 2 weeks visiting family and friends....and of course Hobby Lobby and JoAnns! We have lots of LYS here in Belgium but nothing that compares even slightly to HL or JoAnns....I go in and drool everytime over the selction of yarns and needles / hooks, even over the darn acrylic just because I can't get it over here at any where near the same price!

Kimberly,

Glad you got to the yarn stores!!!... I (finally) have a Hobby Lobby:cheer one town over, and my DH "quakes" whenever I go there, as I am a true "yarn addict!" (LOL)

Actually, there are even two more smaller ("pricey") yarn stores nearby as well, which are fun for inspirations, too....:c9

All are great fun.

:)

Margy

Just wanted to say Hi to all the fellow Michiganders out there! Today is my daughters first day of Kindergarten :cheer so I'll have some quality crocheting time today! Also just a little reminder for anyone wishing to join us the Metro Detroit Crafters group is meeting this Saturday (Sept 9) at the Wendy's on the corner of 15 mile and Groesbeck. Bring what ever project you are working on and your chattiness. We hope to see some new faces this weekend!:yay

It was nice to see all the usual faces at our get together at Wendy's, hoping next month a couple new faces will join us! I will be Oct 14th! Hope to see you there!:hook

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone from Michigan!

Ok...call me lazy, but I didn't take the time right now to go through all 11-12 pages, but I was wondering if there was anyone in the Metro-Detroit area?

I am in Dearborn Heights, the south end actually, bordering Taylor and Allen Park.....

JPorter718, I know where Regina is! my gf goes there... im currently enrolled at good old Catholic Central (now in Novi!) i live i northville.

but my heart is in my true home state, California (i was born in San Jose)

Hi everyone from Michigan!

Ok...call me lazy, but I didn't take the time right now to go through all 11-12 pages, but I was wondering if there was anyone in the Metro-Detroit area?

I am in Dearborn Heights, the south end actually, bordering Taylor and Allen Park.....

I'm in Macomb County, and in a group that meets the second Saturday of Every month at a Wendy's on 15 Mile and Groesbeck. No TOO far of a drive from you.:hi

Hi I live in Oklahoma now, was born in Tiffin, OH. But my mom grew up in Temperance, MI, in fact my grandmother and uncle still lives there, and my other aunt and uncle live in Lambertville. Its a small world

I'm in Macomb County, and in a group that meets the second Saturday of Every month at a Wendy's on 15 Mile and Groesbeck. No TOO far of a drive from you.:hi

No, it's not :D All express way for me to get there.

That is really cool! What time does the group usually meet on those second Saturdays of the month?

No, it's not :D All express way for me to get there.

That is really cool! What time does the group usually meet on those second Saturdays of the month?

One to three is our official times, but we are often there longer than that! Hope to see you there the 14th!:yay

Hi I live in Oklahoma now, was born in Tiffin, OH. But my mom grew up in Temperance, MI, in fact my grandmother and uncle still lives there, and my other aunt and uncle live in Lambertville. Its a small world
I'm from Muskegon originally, but I have family living down in Temperance, and one of my fellow American colleagues here in Belgium (there are 8 of us total at my company) is from just outside of Temperance!

oct. 14? hmm....

15 and Groesbeck? hmmm...

Wendy's? hmm.....

i might just be able to go...

but i might be working at my wendy's that day (6 mile and haggerty)

its from 1-3 right?

idk ill have to see how my schedule turns out. ill prolly be working from 11-8 that day, but if im not i might just go.

are there any other groups in the Metro-Detroit area?

Archived