Painted Mini Doilies Book

ferosah

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another book that I must added to my pattern stash! :cheer

I've also got the other painted doilies book and I love it. Once I get past the stage of just oohing 'n aahing over the pictures, I plan to make some of them.

dopey question alert....

do you make the doily and then paint it? Sorry that I dont understand what this is about. They are very pretty though. :D

dopey question alert....

do you make the doily and then paint it? Sorry that I dont understand what this is about. They are very pretty though. :D

Certainly sounds that way, doesn't it? Actually, you crochet with like three strands of sewing thread, and gradually introduce new colors. (Like start with three of red, then introduce an orange (two red, one orange), then two orange, one red... They blend so well and make perfectly gorgeous doilies.

Now somebody else who has actually DONE it might come along and clarify, but that is my understanding.

Is it hard to crochet with sewing thread? I saw this book and wondered if it would be hard. The doilies are gorgous though!

I've not tried it. I'd say if you you're used to yarn, it would be tricky. But if you are used to thread and don't mind going down a "few" ;) sizes smaller, it shouldn't be too difficult.

I have the Painted Doilies book which I just love. I will definitely have to get this one. It is wonderful what you do with thread.:manyheart

Thank you Blondi, I look forward to seeing your painted work soon. I appreciate hearing from you.

Hugs

Ferosa

:yay Congratulations Ferosa, :yay I have always liked the look of your painted doilies. :yay

Hi Kathy,

Thank you so much for the congrats, I hope that to one day see you do some designs for the painted technique. Thanks for taking the time to write.

Hugs

Ferosa

dopey question alert....

Cupcake your question isn't dopey at all, actually when I submitted the first set of designs to the publisher They asked a similar question lol. They wanted to know how I painted the thread to get that effect.

The painted technique is merely colour changes whilst crocheting. RachelG gave an accurate discription on how it's done.

Hugs

Ferosa

Is it hard to crochet with sewing thread? I saw this book and wondered if it would be hard. The doilies are gorgous though!

Thanks for the compliment Debbi. For me crocheting with fine threads isn't hard at all, but I know some crocheters may have problems working with fine threads. Three strands of sewing threads is the equivalent to size 30 crochet thread.

Hugs

Ferosa

Archived