Painted Mini Doilies Book

ferosah

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't realize that you were the designer for the painted doilies! I've been admiring the first book for a while now. I'll definitely be putting these on my wish list :) All the designs I've seen are absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you Julie for the wonderful compliment on my work, It's always nice to hear good things about my designs. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

Hugs

Ferosa

It is a very beautiful pattern book. You did a great job.:hook

Thank you Shella, it's always inspiring to hear such wonderful comments on my work. I appreciate hearing from you.

Hugs

Ferosa

Sue three strands of sewing thread is more like crocheting with size 30 thread.

Hugs

Ferosa

That's good to know! I may have to practice that and then see how I do with it. I've used size 30 once, size 20 once (on a BIG project) and mostly size 10...

Congrats Ferosah on the new book.:cheer

Oh man now I have to get this one.:eek

I already have the first one and I made the multi-colored one and put it on my November table every year. :tdance It was fun to make and it is beautiful when done. They do look painted.:hook

Ferosah, I think these are beautiful and they would make a wonderful small project to practice this technique. Maybe one day I will try this too. Good to hear that 3 threads = size 30 crochet thread.

I love the color combinations on the leaflet - I will be on the lookout for it in the stores.

They are so beautiful! I have very limited experience with thread crochet (one bookmark and one sea star by cupcake...that's it!), but I would like to try, especially since they are "mini" ones. I have been wanting to do doilies. What a creative idea to give it a "painted" look by changing the colors gradually.

Your beaded shamrocks doily is gorgeous, too. Is Annie's Favorite Crochet the name of the publication where I can find it?

Congrats Ferosah on the new book.:cheer

Oh man now I have to get this one.:eek

I already have the first one and I made the multi-colored one and put it on my November table every year. :tdance It was fun to make and it is beautiful when done. They do look painted.:hook

Thanks Mary Jo, I appreciate hearing from you. Thank you so much for the compliment and your suport. Your rainbow painted doily is exquisite, fantastic work girlfriend. Keep up the good work.

Hugs

Ferosa

Ferosah, I think these are beautiful and they would make a wonderful small project to practice this technique. Maybe one day I will try this too. Good to hear that 3 threads = size 30 crochet thread.

I love the color combinations on the leaflet - I will be on the lookout for it in the stores.

Thanks for the compliment msmusic, I hope you do get the time to try your hand at the painted technique. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

Hugs

Ferosa

They are so beautiful! I have very limited experience with thread crochet (one bookmark and one sea star by cupcake...that's it!), but I would like to try, especially since they are "mini" ones. I have been wanting to do doilies. What a creative idea to give it a "painted" look by changing the colors gradually.

Your beaded shamrocks doily is gorgeous, too. Is Annie's Favorite Crochet the name of the publication where I can find it?

Thanks you sakurasaku for the wonderful compliment, I appreciate hearing from you. Doilies are fun to make and if I can be of any assistance feel free to pick my brain anytime.

Here is the URL for the AFC magazine:http://www.anniesfavoritecrochet.com/

Hugs

Ferosa

:( once again,Ferosa, I have to pick your brains as to where I can buy the book - the last one I did eventually manage to buy from Crochet Australia, but this book isn't showing up yet - and Annie's Attic won't post to Australia.

I love threads and what a fantastic reason to buy some of the fabulous colours in sewing threads which I've been drooling over.

I do wish you could sell me a book yourself, so I don't have to wait !

Maureen

:( once again,Ferosa, I have to pick your brains as to where I can buy the book - the last one I did eventually manage to buy from Crochet Australia, but this book isn't showing up yet - and Annie's Attic won't post to Australia.

I love threads and what a fantastic reason to buy some of the fabulous colours in sewing threads which I've been drooling over.

I do wish you could sell me a book yourself, so I don't have to wait !

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

I don't know how accurate this info is but someone told me that even if wholesalers bought the book they cannot offer it for sale on their website for three months.

Once I tried selling my books online but because there is no way to recieve payments online at that time I could only accept international money orders. I only got one sale in a year and a half so I decided not to invest any more money in selling my books. I will contact crochet australia to find out how soon they will have stock and get back to you. Did you know that there is another australian company that sells Annie's Attic books online? Well actually they are a wholesaler but if you can't find the book at one of the stores they sell to, they will sell you the book. Here's the website URL: http://www.craftbooks.com.au/

Click on the store locater buttons to get more info.

Now the good news is, I am looking into self publishing and hopefully within the next few months I'll be able to offer my self published book for sale so there will be no more waiting around for crocheters living outside the USA who would like to obtain my new books. I am really sorry I couldn't be of help to you.

Hugs

Ferosa

Hi Ferosa! I've been in touch with Crochet Australia just now, and they say the book will be there in about 6 weeks - so I will have to be patient. They are going to put a copy aside for me and let me know as soon as it is there.

Great news that you will be self-publishing - now that Paypal is here, it's all become very easy, hasn't it!

Can't wait for the Mini Doilies book - oh well, it's something to look forward to!

:lol

Maureen

Maureen thanks for letting me know what crochet australia said. I hope the time passes by quickly.

Working towards self publishing is exciting but time consuming. Unfortunately paypal services doesn't extend to my little Island :(

Thanks for your support girlfriend.

Hugs

Ferosa

Ok Ferosh, I couldn't wait any longer. I just ordered your book "Mini Painted Doilies" from Annie's Attac.

Now I have to be patient and wait about 3 weeks, before I can start making one.:hyper

My Dh laughed when I said I bought it. He didn't think it would take me this long.

So I am on pins and needles (or is that hooks and needles) till it comes.:hook

I am not a big doilie person (my grandmother started giving them to me before I could walk, so I am kind of sick of them).

But I saw this book and immediately wanted it! They are so pretty, and the variety of thread out there......the color choices are endless!

Ok Ferosh, I couldn't wait any longer. I just ordered your book "Mini Painted Doilies" from Annie's Attac.

Now I have to be patient and wait about 3 weeks, before I can start making one.:hyper

My Dh laughed when I said I bought it. He didn't think it would take me this long.

So I am on pins and needles (or is that hooks and needles) till it comes.:hook

Mary Jo I look forward to seeing your painted mini doilies, you do such beautiful work, I appreciate your support.

Hugs

Ferosa

I am not a big doilie person (my grandmother started giving them to me before I could walk, so I am kind of sick of them).

But I saw this book and immediately wanted it! They are so pretty, and the variety of thread out there......the color choices are endless!

Hi Jenksie,

What a lovely compliment, Thank you my dear. You're so right, the possibilities are endless when it comes to choice of colours. Thanks for taking the time to write, I appreciate you.

Hugs

Ferosa

Very pretty designs, I'm sure its even prettier in real life! :manyheart Would have to try it sometime. :hook Congratulations on your book!

Hi Mimi,

Thanks so much for the congrats and the compliment on my work girlfriend. Hearing how much others like my work is really inspiring. I hope you do decide to give it a try, they finished pieces do take your breath away, much nicer than the pictures I assure you.

Hugs

Ferosa

• 2 months later...

Congrats! I ran out and bought that book last month once I caught a glimpse of it in AA's catalog. I have not made any yet but I can't wait to get one started. The are simply gorgeous! Congrats again!

Archived