Fur Out Shoulder Wrap

DawnsRays

Shoulder Wrap Photo

I'll get a different photo soon, promise

2 balls Bernat Fur Out

P hook

*after Row 1 you will be crocheting between the double crochets in the spaces

ch 12 (leave 8 to 10 inch tail to weave in and gather later)

Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in each ch across, 2 dc in last ch; turn (10 dc)

Row 2: ch 3, dc in first space(sp), dc in each sp across; turn (10 dc)

Row 3: ch 3, dc in first sp, 2 dc in next sp, dc in each sp across to within last 2 spaces, 2 dc in each of the next 2 spaces; turn (13 dc)

Row 4: ch 3, dc in first sp and in each space across; turn (13 dc)

Repeat Row 4 till wrap is as long as you need it to be. Put around your shoulders till it comes within 6 inches of touching the other end then begin the decrease rows as follows:

dec Row 1: ch 3, dc in first sp, 2 dctog, dc in next space to within last 3 spaces, 2 dctog, dc in last sp, turn; (11 dc)

Row 2: ch 3, dc in first sp, 2 dctog, dc in next sp and in each sp across; turn (10 dc)

Row 3: ch 3, dc in first sp and in each sp across; fasten off leaving an 8 to 10 inch tail.

When put around your shoulders you should have about a 2 inch space between ends, if not repeat last row until you do. Do not let ends touch or it will be too loose when tied.

Take tail and weave in and out of the first row of spaces and pull to gather; tie off to secure. Repeat on other end. Sew a piece of satin ribbon (about 27 inches long) to each end. Put around shoulders and tie it on!

**if using other novelty yarn, use 2 strands held together throughout to get the "full" effect so you can't see the holes. This is a loose stitch but the fur out yarn is furry enough to camoflauge the spaces nicely.

Hope you all have great success with the pattern. It's my first:fall any questions please feel free to leave me a message and I will try to answer you as best I can.

~DAWN

Guest mishakitty78

Thank you so much! I *adore* your fur out caplet poncho - I've been seeing those in knit and have yet to convert and you saved me the trouble so much :)h to you.

:bounce Looks like I'll have a new project!

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I know you posted this several months ago but I just came across it tonight. I haven't laughed this hard in I don't know how long.:laughroll That was the funniest picture. Your son is very patient! The stole is absolutely a stunner too. I totally understand why you grabbed the first warm body you could find to model it so you could get a picture of it. Beautiful job!

:sheepxmas

Oh you guys!:blush

You notice of course that I never changed the photo out. It was just to perfect the way it was. :devil Glad it put a smile on your face. Oh, and I'm glad you like the wrap, too. For some reason it always gets mentioned second :think

~ DAWN

• 2 years later...

HAHA! I'm definitely happy your son was able to take it up and Model for ya... fantastic job.. kudos to you for your pretty work and kudos to him for being able to model such a thing :)

• 9 months later...

LOVELY WRAP! Your son must be a pretty good sport. Especially since he has now been seen by oogles of laughing ladies! But the wrap is to die for. its like something out of an old Bette David or Doris Day Movie. Wonderfully Done.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived