Thread Monkeys Daisy & Darrel

Tampa Doll

Sock’s Family Pictureth_SocksFamily.gif(clickable)

Well look what happened, or as our parents said to us “now how did that happen lol. Two surprise kid monkeys appeared today all ready for the Memorial Day Family Picnic. I just knew Sock’s and Blossom were up to something in the back bedroom lol Actually I thought I would try using thread on the sock monkey pattern to see how it change the size and texture and out came “The Kids†Daisy and Darrel

Sock’s and Blossom present Daisy and Darrel :clap

DaisyandDarrel.gif

These were done with size 10 thread of brown and cream and a size 8 hook.

Great job Mary Jo. They are adorable!!

I made one a year ago for my secret pal, and I used the same thread as you did. Here is a pic of mine:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/crochetdiva/My%20stuff/molady.jpg

Which material did you prefer working with? My hands cramped a lot working with the thread, but I haven't tried the yarn yet.

Which material did you prefer working with? My hands cramped a lot working with the thread, but I haven't tried the yarn yet.

Well Andrea, If I have a choice, I prefer the yarn, as it is softer and yes, my hands cramped using the thread also.

This is the project I was working on and couldn't find any more brown thread. I had to finish with embrodery thread that was slightly different in color. You can't see it, as the bangs cover this area.

These monkeys are a lot of fun to make and sometimes give away. I have two sitting here for my Granddaughters for when they come to visit in 2 weeks. I can hardly wait.

John had jokingly made a commet that if you gave them away for a shower gift, if you know the sex of the baby, you could make them with blue/cream or pink/cream. Sounds like a good idea, now I need a pregant mom that knows what she is going to have.lol:lol

I love the poncho on the monkey. I hadn't thought of that.

My those are cute, Mary Jo. Are Socks and Blossom expecting any more offspring? I'd keep an eye on them!:lol

I din't know there was a pattern for these but have worked up my own pattern about 15 yrs. ago. All my grandchildren have them. I made the monkeys out of the "Red Heel " worksox but it got harder & harder to find them so I began crocheting them. Our whole family calls them Jocko monkeys or just Jocko. As in "Grandma, the baby needs a Jocko." Needless to say they are a family tradition. Now I have a request for some miniatures to hang on a Christmas tree.

Mary Jo, they are awesome, I love the way they turned out....how cute to have the small ones as the kids!!

Andrea, I love yours wearing the poncho, mine is naked except for a hat and shoes!!

They are amazing! I am always impressed by the detail in your work! The clothes and expressions are priceless! :D

Archived