Sandals

jobean

I've been eyeing this pattern for a while, but I was afraid how they'd feel on your feel. I think you probably lucked out with having smaller twine, I bet they'd feel better that way.

I've started this pattern but haven't finished it. I LOVE what you did with the top! Awesome job. You've inspired me to try something different for the tops of mine!

I really like how you did the uppers -- what a neat motif! :manyheart

I've started the pattern, and only have the soles done. I've been experimenting with how to do the uppers; I want something fancier than the ones shown in the magazine. I love your version!

Thanks everyone.

I was wondering how they would feel also and after reading this thread where others said it was fine, I saw the jute at Wal-mart for just a little over a dollar so I figured I'd try it. They are surprisingly comfortable and since I'm doing the crocheting I customized them to fit my big feet. I'm actually keeping an eye out for some thicker jute because I'd like them a little heavier and thicker.

I got the jute and all, just need to make them! Yours look fantastic! I like how you did the top part on your own! That's really neat! I have got to put this on my high priority list once my hand is up to crocheting again!

So, wearing them, is the sole sturdy enough to wear around or is it just for like the beach???

I love your sandals! I made them too and love them. I got a hole in one of my soles (I also used a thinner jute - doubled) so I don't know if that was a factor or not. I plan to try other types of jute and materials and see how they work out :)

Great job!

Archived