ABC with flowers

mimicat

Hi! A few weeks ago I posted "A" monogram, now I was a bit inspired so I made B and C.:hook I got the design from this book. I used Cannon threads and 1.75mm tulip steel hook.

136291407_593c5a170b_m.jpg

Here are the other designs from that book:

121756760_30d3304cf7_m.jpg

Its so much fun to make, though it requires more effort than the usual crochet items I make. :hook I'm thinking of framing it, or maybe sew it on a towel to give as gifts. :manyheart

Those are really cute alphabets......they would look really pretty hanging in a baby's room. You did a fabulous job on them :cheer

Daisy.

Wouldn't they looked great framed for a teacher or some one who works in education? Also how about in a frame with pictures of children. Love the pretty little flowers .... so dainty.

:school

I loved your first one and love these as well. They are so beautiful. I can imagine all kinds of uses for these pretty letters. :)

They are pretty. I was thinking how nice they would be if you happen to do scrapbooking ..

They would also be nice on a Birthday card, for a special person.

How about "Mum" for mothers day???

Wow, Mimi! Those are wonderful! I must have missed the first A one so I'm so glad you kept going with it and reposted the A with these new ones. The possibilities for these are endless! Is the pattern in that book, or did you get your ideas from the pictures in that book and then design the letters and flower patterns yourself? If those are yours, Mimi, I'm sure you could publish those patterns. 26 different letters. Actually, you could even go with the numbers too! Very, very nice. I love the colors you used. :cheer:clap

Thank you so much for your nice comments! :yay

Yes, there are many possibilities for these: nursery room decor, teacher's gift, scrapbooking, birthday cards, special personalized gifts, and more...

Thanks all for your suggestions! :manyheart

Wow, Mimi! Those are wonderful! I must have missed the first A one so I'm so glad you kept going with it and reposted the A with these new ones. The possibilities for these are endless! Is the pattern in that book, or did you get your ideas from the pictures in that book and then design the letters and flower patterns yourself? If those are yours, Mimi, I'm sure you could publish those patterns. 26 different letters. Actually, you could even go with the numbers too! Very, very nice. I love the colors you used. :cheer:clap

Thanks Judi! For the letters, I used the patterns in the book (all in diagrams). I am thinking of making up the other letters not in the book, but still it would be derived from those patterns. For the flowers, I only changed some of the colors and the way the flowers were positioned, but all the designs are from the book. :hook

Those are so neat. Are you going to possibly make all of them? We'd love it if you did. :yes;):yes;)

Thanks, Rachel! This forum is very inspiring, I probably might be able to do it one at a time, and one day I might just surprise you! ;)

I love your alphabets!!! I can thinkoff a lot of ways to use these!!! thanks for sharing! Now to search for the book. Do you have an ISBN number that I can look up here?

Thanks a ton for sharing and inspiring!

hugs

Vims

I love your alphabets!!! I can thinkoff a lot of ways to use these!!! thanks for sharing! Now to search for the book. Do you have an ISBN number that I can look up here?

Thanks a ton for sharing and inspiring!

hugs

Vims

Hi Vims! Yes, there's an ISBN no. here: 4-07-974191-X

Other info on it: Copyright in Japan 1986 by Yoko Suzuki; published by SHUFUNOTOMO CO. LTD.

Hope you find it!:hook

Archived