new crochet world

mythunderbird

i received my crochet world a couple days ago and i found it awesome, there are some cool afghan patterns, and a really cute cape for a child, which could easily be adapted to a adults. i really love crochet world as it is so adaptable, its not just clothing, its a variety. check it out, you will enjoy it:D :D

Presumably it's not the one I just bought on Friday, then. . . that had some weird kind of blue bird-like thing on the front cover :lol

Some American magazines are beginning to be available here at a couple of online traders, but only Crochet World and Crochet Monthly can be bought in shops (and then only big ones). I force myself to take the car out for a decently long run once a week (horror story I won't bore you with now :blush ) so I took myself off on a 20-mile trip to a good newsagent and got Crochet World.

I'm sorry, but I wasn't impressed. At all. I found it terribly old-fashioned, and I don't mean because it wasn't full of pouty models in the latest wearables. It was the whole presentation, the way it was edited and the twee, condescending wording of the comments. . .

I'd like to have seen a lot more space devoted to readers' tips and Questions, and some of the patterns were just strange. A table runner in worsted weight yarn? An afghan with green eyelash trimming they thought it was cute to pretend was grass? An "Easter Angel" that looked like someone had thrown together 5 colours of yarn, ribbon, beads and silk flowers and hot-glued them where they fell? The blue birdy object? There wasn't a single thing in it I'd want to make. I won't be buying it again.

I liked the patterns in the new issue also.:yes I must be just an old fashion mama! :lol As far as wierd patterns--What is one person's wierd, is another person's Wow! :woo

I wish I didn't have to subscribe, but there is not one store or bookstore around here that have ANY crochet magazines!:no I used to get a bunch from ebay but got a ton of duplicates.

I just got my copy and I enjoyed looking through the magazine. Right now I see now plans for anything in the book, but who knows what the future will bring.

I especially found the Military afghan and the States afghan facinating. :hook

Well I subscribed because I rarely can track one down here....but ,there wasnt much to go nuts about in this issue ...and I recieved mine yesterday and half the things are for easter....:lol

That's why I don't subscribe. I'd rather go into the store and flip through the issues, buy what ones I like at least a couple things in it and leave the other issues for someone else.

I'm actually making the bird they featured on the cover for my mom for Mother's day. She's a bird watcher and has a beautiful bird garden in her back yard. I thought it was a cute idea for her...

I too subscribed to this magazine because you just cannot find it in my area. However I was really disappointed in it. I think this month, the last in my subscription, was the only one that had more than one pattern in it. I guess I am going to watch and as soon as I see one of you mention receiving yours I will run down to Meijer's and browse through it.

I got it for the calico cat pattern :) The star potholders are cute too I think they'd be cute in a variegated springy cotton.

I also picked it up for the cat pattern. My 9 year old is obsessed with anything related to cats! As soon as she saw that, there was no way to not get the magazine. :lol

I think the red, white, and blue halter top looks alright too, though I think if I were to make it I'd do it in one solid color.

I made that weird blue bird for my niece for Easter. She loves it even though the eyes turned out more weird than the picture. :think

:rofl :rofl :rofl seabreeze!

At least I'm not the only one who thought it was weird! I'm glad your niece loves him, though.

Presumably it's not the one I just bought on Friday, then. . . that had some weird kind of blue bird-like thing on the front cover :lol

What magazine had the blue bird on the cover?

Ilove birds...

Christa

I just got my copy and I enjoyed looking through the magazine. Right now I see now plans for anything in the book, but who knows what the future will bring.

I especially found the Military afghan and the States afghan facinating. :hook

That military afghan might just get me to make an afghan. ;) I liked the idea of the States afghan, but I'm so picky, when I saw how lumpy and deformed their Texas looked...:no It's very tempting to make a graph afghan with a big ol' Texas in it, though. :D

Archived