200 Crochet Blocks Crochet Along

Twinnish

I have the book now :) and it was reg. $34.99 canadian, but i had a 50% coupon at Michaels, gotta love those when a books that much so it was just over $18 i paid for it, now just need to decide on yarn, I'm going to do a random bunch of squares i think, make kind of a sampler blanket :)

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello ladies!

I had to say "eeep" again when I saw the $ translation for cupcake's book. It is a good book though and, cupcake, I'm glad you got a version that was made for your style of crochet. I like the cover too, just like Vik's spanish cover. I think I like that cover better! It's much more colorful than the American edition's cover. 9 squares already? Didn't I tell you you'd be caught up in no time?

Q, that poncho is so sweet! Your young friend is just trying out her newfound autonomy. Maybe next week she'll decide she likes it after all.

Hi barb! 50% off coupons rock! Have you finished your MAM yet?

I forgot to post here the pics of the granny blocks poncho I made as a gift for my friend's daughter's 2 year birthday! I posted them the other day on the show and tell threads...Anyway, Caitlin loved the hat and threw the poncho as far away from herself and she could! Oh well!th_caitlinsponchoset.jpgIt was fun to make. Still working on my ghan... just had a few gifts to get out of the way!

I think the poncho ( & hat) is just lovely. Maybe if you made a flower similar to the one on the hat and tacked it onto the front of the poncho, the 2 y/o might think they matched and wear the poncho?? Who knows.

I'm off to go doctor this sore throat. Have tried Hot Tea with lemon & honey.. have taken aleve (over 2 hours ago, still no relief). I think I'll go make myself a gimlet or bloody mary and see if one of those will make the pain go away. Or at least make me not care so much about it??

I'm wondering if I have strep. It hurts really bad and now my ears are starting to feel funny. Oh Joy. :sick

Argh.. had this post all ready to send and had a power surge.. whoosh.. everything gone gone. fun fun.:(

Ah, Lisa. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I think the bloody Mary or gimlet idea are excellent. A toddy is equally effective. I make my kids a mixture of horehound tea (great expectorant) with lemon and honey when they feel punky... and now that they are older, I throw in some rum or whiskey to help them sleep. Throw some cinnamon in if your stomach is yucky. And, my specialty, if you have some Kosher salt, just a pinch and say a blessing when you throw it in! If you have access to live catnip, make a tea with that. It is an awesome sleep aide. Just make sure you have some honey handy! Sleep well...

I hope you feel better Lisa! I hate sore throats. Can you go to the doctor and get a strep test? I have had an upset stomach for over a week, but it might just be my nerves. (We're moving.) Well, moved, as of today. And, I did one granny square today. I figured I'll stick with those for a while until I have more :think (can't think of the word) to try any other squares....

Tina

Hello everybody! How are you? :hug

Have you noticed that our 200 Blocks CAL button dissappeared? :think

I posted it in my blog at the beginning of the CAL, and I've read today that Photobucket took it out. I'm sorry... I liked it... :(

Good night!

Vik

I wonder why that happened? Do you think they thought it was an advertisement? Do you have a copy saved on your computer?

How is everyone today? Yesterday I felt like crud (again...or...still) and came home sick from work. I'm going to call in sick today and see if I can get checked out. I think I just didn't get enough rest when the kids were off from school last week. I did manage to get a couple more squares done, but they were repeats of some of my earlier squares, so I won't bore you with pictures.

Have a lovely day everyone!

Hello girls!

Julie, I LOVE your new avatar!!! :manyheart I LOVE chimps!

Claire, I'm so sorry you don't feel better yet... Please forget what I wrote yesterday about the CAL button, because it came back to my blog today! I don't know what happened yesterday, but somebody fixed it.

:hook

Hello everyone at 200 blocks! I'm back from vacation and wanted to stop in and say a gracious good morning to all my CAL pals. :)

Claire - I hope you're feeling better soon. My daughter just got over a flu virus and I've got my fingers crossed hoping no one else in the family gets it (it was one of those nasty ones).

I didn't do any crocheting on this project but want to jump right back in this week. I hope everyone is well and got a lot of good crochet time in. :)

I hope you feel better soon, Claire. :morcoffee I have had stomach problems for a week and a half now. I thought it was a bug, but after I finished cleaning the old house today, and we are 'officially' out of there, :yay my stomach doesn't hurt any more. I honestly think it was my nerves! I was doing it to myself...

Feel better soon! :hug

Tina

Morning, everyone!

I feel better today, finally! :clap

Welcome back, Sue! I hope you had a nice trip!

Tina, I don't doubt that it was nerves that gave you the stomach ache!

You must be so glad to be done with that.

Vik. that was weird about the button! Photobucket must have hiccuped!

G'day! Well I have worked out which blocks I am doing and have so far made 16.

I got distracted today and made some silly stuffed animals for a break, I will get back onto the blocks this week.

Hub sees me making different patterns and he says " can't you make your mind up which pattern to use??" doh :think

I bought this book back around January and started making the squares back then in an effort to bust my stash, make every square in the book and create "The World's Ugliest Afghan." SO, even though I started back in January (I only made about twelve squares so far), can I still join this CAL? The progress is posted on my blog...

Hi irish leeny!

You are more than welcome to join the CAL! :clap I'm happy to have you here! I don't think the afghan will be the ugliest afghan when you get it done. It'll look pretty nice! Which squares have you done so far? Ooops, I think I shall hop over to your blog and check it out!

hi claire,

you will have to go back to january/february to see the squares...I've made about two more that haven't been posted yet. No more will probably be posted until next weeks as I'm moving and the yarn is packed!

I guess I shouldn't insist on it being ugly, perhaps it's more the equivalent of a crocheted crazy quilt! -colleen

I checked out your blocks. Pretty nice! I really love the colorful ones. Maybe you'll do it like me, which is: make a carpload of blocks and pick out the ones I like best. So far I've got a little pile of blocks that don't quite fit in with the others.

Some of them don't match in color as much as I'd like them to. The overwhelming factor is that they are too small. My St Wonkys-burg square? Too small. But not necessarily disqualified. I may end up crocheting a few more rows on it. Even then, it may not make the final cut. It all depends on how much I think they'll go with the other squares.

I am just trying to get rid of yarn...My whole aim is for the thing NOT to match...that way I can look at the finished objet d'art and say, "That square is made from the 'What was I thinking?' yarn and this square was made from the 'impulse sale yarn.'"

I love the idea of all different colours. My prob is that I like colour so much I tend to want to use them all at once. My daughter says that this is the main prob with my rugs.... i can never stick to a colour scheme. So this CAL is a real test in restraint for me. Only orange, lemon, gum tree green and brown... It is gonna kill me!

Irish I do love the circle in a square block on your blogg. Very cool indeed.

Archived