200 Crochet Blocks Crochet Along

Twinnish

Thanks, Vik!

Theresa, you keep on dropping subtle hints to your daughter, like:

"Gee, I sure hope someone gets me that 200 Crochet Blocks book for Mother's Day!"

In the meantime, have you checked your library?

A link to Starry Night: http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/gogh/starry-night/gogh.starry-night.jpg

He may have been a nutjob, but he was a talented nutjob. Love those colors!

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Ladies!

I finally did a whole one square today! I hang my head in shame, though. Sue has done 7 and the Qster has done 38.

38!

Ah well, I've started. And here's the proof!

ChocolatebarSquare2.jpg

It came out too bright, so I adjusted it in Paintshop Pro. Now it's too orange. Oh well. I'm trying to capture the colors in Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night. Originally, I was thinking of Sunflowers, but I was afraid those golds and yellows would look too seventies-ish. Besides, blue is my favorite color. This block is #145, Chocolate Box. But not in chocolate! This is an easy one. I could do a gajillion of these, no problem.

Oh, wow........ I really like it. So pretty. I love that square. I actually like it in the browns it is shown in the book but yours is a stunner!

Theresa... welcome!

I'm afraid I'm going to have to bail out on this CAL for now...maybe join in later on. I just have too much going on around here!!! But I will keep up with everyone's progress and hopefully join back in later!:)

Ok here I am... I just finished weaving in all the ends from the 12 squares I have ...

I promise to weave in the ends of every block I´ll be crocheting, and NOT to let them together til the end. It´s such a time consuming and awful activity.... :(

I better go to sleep now..... :sleep Good night!

Good morning, ladies!

I have complete 2 more squares and am working on a half. After I get the kids off I'll see if the batteries have recharged and I'll take a pic.

Crochet Fanatic, no problem! This CAL will be here when you are ready!

Quilty---I mean Qmare! Thanks! I liked the brown, too. It's a neat square and works up very quickly.

Vik, I have so many ends to weave in, it's not funny. I vow not to crochet another block (after I get my current block unfinished block done) until I have woven in all the ends!

:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

Yeah, Team!

I see some people are weaving in ends... I'm trying to finish one teeny tiny little thing I forgot that is for a birthday... almost done and I'll be back at it!

Watch out cause JulieKay has another CAL going on and she's really got them going! You might get sucked in.

I think we should combine them hee hee and have the 200 blocks Quilt Ghan along!

:eek

Hi everyone!

Theresa - hope you'll be able to come back soon. :) Good luck with all your projects!

Progress - I've gotten 9 squares done and am working on number 16 - waterlily.

I have been through the Crochet-A-Quilt CAL thread and have lived to tell the tale. The tractor beam had me and I almost succumbed, but at the last minute, thoughts of 200 Crochet Blocks grabbed me out of it!

It probably wouldn't be too much to do that CAL and this if those were the only CALs and WIPs you had going. Maybe after I get my secret pal swap package sent. It seems to be sucking up a lot of time, mostly worry!

Ooo, Sue, the waterlily! Q, aren't you doing the waterlily, too? It would be a hoot to do a 'ghan of nothing but flower squares! I have four squares done. Now where did I put that camera?

Hello!

Sue, the waterlily is lovely! :manyheart

Mare & Claire, you are telling JulieKay exactly what I wanted to say!!! Like you, I visited the new Crochet Quilt CAL and fell in love with it! But it´ll be too much for me being in both CALs. Maybe when we are finished here, we still have time to start the other one? :think

Look out guys .. I have eyes in the back of my head. I can see what you're doing over here .

If they have their way with me over there, I am in for at least 2 of them suckers -- I already have a running start on one , but am VERY tempted to make a different one when the first is finished . I may still be over there on Christmas ...........2009 . :lol

Good morning everyone! How goes the making of the squares? I've got....sixish done. Don't know for sure because they're upstairs and I'm down here.... So is the book.... Can you tell I'm a little sleepy this morning?

I will be posting a picture later when the morning frenzy settles down!

Good Morning! Well, I had to interrupt one birthday gift for another one... this one for a friend's little girl who will be 2 so I decided to make a poncho... the front and back are square #16 I think and the sides are just granny blocks. I'll take pics later. I was flat on my back yesterday on a heating pad :( cause I hurt myself.

But, I can crochet... at any rate, I'm back at work today and will be keeping my eyes on you all...

and Julie... I see you with the eyes that are in the back of MY head so you behave yourself :lol :lol :lol

I'm back, with my pictures. They're sort of ... wonky looking. This is a new camera and I'm not used to it yet. Some of them look half lit, not in a good way.

OK, I'm done with the disclaimer, now here are the pics:

We start with the wonkiest first. This one is just plain wonky, camera or no camera. It has a lot of BPdc and FPdc that are pulling on it, making it wonky-shaped. This is the St Petersburg square:

StPetersburg22.jpg

This is the Tricolor Square, #35. See how it's dark in one corner. I took it with a flash, too. Weird! Hmmm, did I post this in an earlier post?

TricolorSquare35.jpg

This is Sunshine & Flowers, #81. Looks nothing like the book's. There's that funky lighting again.

SunshineShowers81.jpg

This one is Sunspray, #86. I liked the way this one came out, but it's smaller than the others. I will probably edge it in more green varigated or dark blue.

Sunray86.jpg

This is the one I like the best. The picture doesn't do it justice. I'm going to play around with the color placement on it. It is Willow, #189.

Willow189.jpg

There you go!

Hi all! Claire - your squares look terrific! Love the colors! I'm planning on making the St. Petersburg square too. I can see how the FPdc and BPdc can make it all wonky. Whenever I make anything with thoses stitches, it tends to curl up on itself like an enormous cigar.

Everyone is making great progress over here and their squares look terrific! I've only made 9 so far and have changed plans from making a baby blanket to making a lapghan for Mother's Day. Oh dear! I'd better get hooking!! :hook

Mare - I hope you're feeling better!

Vik - I can't wait to see what you come up with! I'm working like you are, changing things as they go! :D

Archived