200 Crochet Blocks Crochet Along

Twinnish

It seems like we can still post, for the moment.

CAL participants, if it turns out we can't post, please feel free to PM me if you feel the need. I'll still be making my squares.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi girls!

Irish, welcome here!

Claire, glad you're feeling better now!

I was a busy bee crocheting today! :hook

About the CAL button, I've noticed that it comes and goes from my blog... It's something about Photobucket, I don't know :think

See you tomorrow!

Vik - what size blanket are you planning to make? You have so many lovely squares already, you must be close to finishing squares, yes? :)

What a crazy day this was. I finally got some crocheting done! Yay!

Vik, I really like your squares that have black in them. They are my favorite of your squares.

Sue, did you get any crocheting done on your trip?

Cupcake, I hope you are at the beach right now, and crocheting. I would be.

Irish leeny, I've been contemplating making "Circle in the Square."

Claire - I got a little bit of crocheting done on the plane going over but to say the seats were cramped is an understatement. I don't recommend Economy seating on United. Pay the extra $ to upgrade to Economy Plus and get 5 more inches of leg room, it's worth it! Unless of course, you don't mind the back of the seat in front of you practically touching your nose! Needless to say, it was difficult to crochet comfortably. Whenever anyone wanted to get up and get by, it was difficult to untangle all the seat belts, headsets, purses, bags and yarn!

I didn't do any more crocheting during the trip because we were out and about the entire time. When we got back to the hotel in the evening I was just too pooped to pull out any work. :P

Even though we upgraded our seats for the return flight, I didn't end up crocheting since my daughter had gotten sick on vacation and I was taking care of her, poor thing!:fever She's all better now but what a flight!

I agree, United stinks. I flew United last December, so I know exactly what you mean. Sounds like you had a good time, for the most part and I'm glad your daughter is feeling better.

What a crazy day this was. I finally got some crocheting done! Yay!

Sue, did you get any crocheting done on your trip?

Cupcake, I hope you are at the beach right now, and crocheting. I would be. "

Hi there! No I had work today, but when the board went down last night, my purely sefish thoughts were .... "DAM and I wasted 43 bucks on a Block book so I could join a CAL and here I am all alone in OZ with my book, my orange , green and variegated yarn, and no one to show my progress to!" (lol)

pb&j I always enjoy crochet on the plane cos reading makes me feel ill. I find it is elbow room I need to crochet, and other passengers, attendants are always interested in what I am making.

Now I must go and do a few more blocks!

Hi Cupcake! Dang how that need to make money interferes with our crocheting! Is it evening for you now? I have no idea what the time difference is between Boston and the Gold Coast.

It's a big relief to have the board back. I didn't know what I'd do without my CAL!

Good Morning! :hug

Oh Sue, I know how it feels in United, I sat there from Buenos Aires to US, endlessssss flight! :plane Plus, I was never allowed to take hooks or needles. I had to put them in the big suitcase you check in, but it was forbidden to take it on the plane :( .

About my block's progress: Thanks Claire, yes I like the ones with black too! And... Sue your feeling is right! I'm very close to start the sewing of the blocks!!! The ghan will have 49 squares, and I have... 40! FORTY done!

I'm crocheting now some blocks following the pattern #10 in orange, I wanted some plain squares (and I frogged the orange #56 that I showed you at the beginning, I wanted something else).

:hook Happy Crocheting!

Vik - just 9 more squares to go!! :cheer 9-8-7... I look foward to seeing your finished 'ghan! It's going to look beautiful on that lovely chair. :)

Claire - I was disappointed with the seating on United. But the flight was just a means to and end and once we got off the plane, everything was great.

Cupcake - reading on a plane bores me too. When I did crochet going over, it was a much more pleasant way to pass the time. :hook It keeps your mind off the guy in front of you, the guy behind you, the "valley girls" sitting next to you, the screaming baby 5 rows up, the bad food and all those weird people on the rest of the plane! :lol

~HI I wanted to ask can I join but Vik is almost done. I'm new to the ville and I'm trying to get in on a crochet along (smile). All of the work I've seen is pretty everyone is so talented. I know I will learn from you all. I don't have the book yet but I will go out tomorrow to get the book and start if it's ok. Question (I'm new with crocheting) what type of yarn is it worst yarn, like red heart .

Clueless in North Carolina

Hi!

You can join. There's no time limit. Most people aren't done yet.

Welcome!

Red Heart Super Saver is worsted weight yarn, to answer your question.

Welcome here Virtuous Stitches! :cheer

Don´t think about me... :think If I finish my ghan soon -and hey, it won´t be too soon either, cause I have to do the whole sewing...-, I can start another one to crochet with you! :hook

Hi!

You can join. There's no time limit. Most people aren't done yet.

Welcome!

Red Heart Super Saver is worsted weight yarn, to answer your question.

-------------

Hey, some of us are still just looking at the book! :lol

hehe you are a funny bunny renegade, and gee it is a nice book to look at..:lol

Now I have a pile of squares, round about the 20 mark. Can peeps please tell me if you are joining them as you go, and if so how???

Stitching, or crochet?

Hello girls! How are you? I need just... 4 more squares!!!

Hi Cupcake, I'll start the joining when I'm done with all the blocks! I've changed the distribution (layout?) so many times, it's like playing, I'm glad I didn't joined them as I thought at the beginning! :hook

Hi Vik... I'm here. Procrastinating cleaning my house :lol

I have my squares done and wove in the ends last night. I'll start joining today. Pictures to come!

Keep in mind, I'm only making a small lapghan for my friend in a wheelchair so it's not very big!

Mare, we are beginning the sewing at the same time! :hook

Yipeeeeeeeeeee! Bet yours is bigger than mine LOL!

I'm really anxious to get back to my lace and bobbles and that luscious alpaca! :lol

Wow, you two are amazing! I have 18 squares done and some of them aren't going to make the final cut, because of wonkyness, or wrong colors or other such foolishness. I'll have to save 'em for something else, I guess. I need quite a few more because I'm making an afghan for my son's twin bed.

Go Vik! :cheer Go Mare! :cheer You two are almost done!! I can't wait to see your finished 'ghans!!

Progress: admittedly slow. I've gotten 12 done out of 35. Not quite half way. Right now I'm working on # 87 - Peony.

Claire - do you think the wonky squares will flatten out some when you sew them together? I've got one super wonky square that I hope will 'calm' down.

Archived