200 Crochet Blocks Crochet Along

Twinnish

Hey everyone, it's spring break for the kids so we'll be out of town for awhile. I'll check back in next week when we return. During the trip, I will try to keep up with my blog IF I can wrestle the computer away from the kids! If you celebrate Easter, have a great day and everyone have a wonderful week. See you soon! :rabbit

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's quiet here in Twinnish territory. My co-parent has 1/2 of the young kinder out to his mother's house. So here I sit with the digital camera and my latest squares. I took four pictures, but two of them came out blurry. I'm feeling way too lazy tonight to take the pictures again. But two of them came out pretty good, so I present them to you, the 200 Crochet Block CAL faithful:

This is #161, Daisy Chain. I likey, despite the wonky that's creeeeping into it. I may play around with this one.

DaisyChain161.jpg

This is Fudge, #69. I think I'll be making a few more of these puppies. It looks better in person. It does have a bajillion ends to weave in. You can see one peaking out at the bottom, mocking me. My yarn needles have been vanishing into the nooks and crannies lately, so I've fallen behind in the weaving in of ends. I just plain hate doing that anyway.

Fudge69.jpg

Tomorrow, sometime after work, I will retake the pics of those other two squares.

I hope everyone had a pleasant Sunday. Keep on keepin' on with those squares!

BTW, my total is 11 now.

Good morning! I hope you´ve had a happy Easter!

Sue, enjoy the trip! (I love your Italian Cross, and the wonky block too!)

Claire, your squares are a delight! Such bright beautiful colors!

Tina, welcome here!

I´ve spent the weekend at my mother´s house and I could crochet more squares: I have now 28!!! I´ve made some # 113 ("Glicina" in Spanish), but I had to skip row 6 to keep the size.

Oh, I changed again the block´s distribution! :hook

Have a nice day! :hug Vik

Hi Everyone! Sue, have a great trip!

Claire, those squares are just lovely!

Hi Vik! Hi Julie!

Tina, I love the pics you posted... specially the one by your son!

I finished the poncho I made from blocks and will try to post a pic tonight... it came out really cute but the 2 year old recipient HATED it! She put on the matching hat and threw the poncho away:lol

Better luck next time, eh?

Hi Vik! Hi Mare!

Everybody's a critic, hey Mare? Give her six months, maybe she'll change her mind!

No crocheting so far today. I'm at work and I feel like poo. Got another cruddy cold! Blah!

Claire -love your squares ! What is the color of variegated called that you are using ? That is really pretty .

I have that crappy cold today too, Claire- so we BOTH need a popsicle and a good long nap .:)

Hey Vik- sounds like you're on a roll ~ Good job !

Hidey-ho Mare ~:manyheart

Hi everyone, just popping in to say hello. I haven't done much crochet lately, and I'm being very ADD in my approach: I'll work one something for an hour, then move on to something else. It doesn't help that I received my big box of Endless Summer Collection Luna yarn I ordered last week from Elann. I'm loving this yarn (although it's been a little tricky to work with). The colors are so rich, I can't believe it. So, I decided to try the Baroque Jacket in the Stitch n Bitch book, and the scarf for my scarf swap, and then I still have that tunic that I'm trying to make from Microspun (love that yarn!), and all my charity stuff, so no 200 blocks for me right now.

At some point, I'm going to pick one or two and work them up from my stash and make a many-colored afghan. I figure the sameness off the square will hold the afghan look together.

But for now, I sit in my office, because it's blazing hot outside (this is August weather and it's disgusting!), having just returned from the PO to pay my taxes. Things have finally slowed down a little at work, and I have a little bit of a breather.

Hi Vik! Hi Mare!

Everybody's a critic, hey Mare? Give her six months, maybe she'll change her mind!

He he... by that time the darn thing won't fit her... she's growing like a weed in the sunshine!

Hope you sickies feel better!

Hey, Renegade... your yarn sounds lovely!

Claire -love your squares ! What is the color of variegated called that you are using ? That is really pretty .

I have that crappy cold today too, Claire- so we BOTH need a popsicle and a good long nap .:)

Julie, what is this nap of which you speak? I believe there is no such word in my vocabulary! The label of that green and yellow variegated says "Banana Berry." Somehow those colors don't bring bananas to my mind.

Renee, that sounds like luscious yarn. Someday I'm going to stick a crowbar in my wallet and buy some!

Hey Renee ,

It must be SUMMERTIME where you are , or will it get hotter yet ?

We have had good weather today-- sunny , blue skies , but only about 50 something so not real hot out .

Claire- Well, how about that ? I just bought some of that banana berry yarn this morning ! Glad to see what it looks like made into something . Every time I buy variegated yarn , I have trouble finding one I like, because it looks one way in the skein, and another in the pattern you're using it for . I had no idea WHAT I wanted it for, just thought it was different . Glad to see how pretty it turns out !

I got a little nap in today, but not long -- can't sleep well with a cold . Oh well, it'll go away in a couple days .

Good morning! How are you? Julie, you are right, I'm crocheting fast because I want to finish the afghan soon! I wish I can give it to mom before Winter! (we have Winter here, when you in the US have Summer). I show you the 5 patterns I have (I've frogged the traditional granny) and the drawing of the distribution (it may continue changing...)

CAL200.jpg

I've done 28 blocks... As you can see, I have to decide the corners yet.

Happy crocheting! :hook

Julie, that book was just published. I haven't seen it yet at the bookstore. It sounds good! I can't wait to take a look at it.

Vik, that's going to be a nice 'ghan when it's done. The ability to change things around is part of the beauty of this CAL! What is winter like where you are? Does it get really cold? Do you get nasty snowstorms like we do up here in New England? I'm so glad that we're past that stuff now!

Vik! Those squares are turning out really pretty. I'll be back on mine soon. Got a shrug to finish. I had dinner with the lady I'm making this ghan for and they have a buyer for their house and a 17 day escrow! :eek So, I have to get a move on!

Hey Renee ,

It must be SUMMERTIME where you are , or will it get hotter yet ?

We have had good weather today-- sunny , blue skies , but only about 50 something so not real hot out .

----------------

ugh, yesterday it was 100, today the same. Then a "cold" front comes in tonight, and tomorrow's only supposed to be 85 (which will feel tremendous after 100). I hate summer here, truly I do. I think a move to Alaska is in order...

Vic, your squares look gorgeous!! I just love the colors you are using.

I am still wanting to do this cal. but still waiting :shrug on the book that I ordered to come in . Thought it would be in last week. Maybe with a little luck I will get it this week.:yes So I may be starting it when everyone else is finishing:knit. Oh well better late than never I guess :manyheart:hook

Hi Grandkids! Don't worry, I'll be here for awhile. I went to start a square today, to get me through my cruddy cold, and I can't find my hook!!!!

@#$%&*!!!!!!!!!

And I don't feel like going out to buy another one....

Aarrgh!!!!! :bang

Claire- hope you're soon feeling better . I think mine is actually the flu -- chills. body aches, you know all that crap ? I very rarely get colds, which is a good thing .

I know what you mean about not feeling like doing anything . I feel like I ran a marathon today and all I did was sit down and stand up a couple times .

Better health tomorrow for us both . :manyheart

Archived