200 Crochet Blocks Crochet Along

Twinnish

Hey Claire! I'm going to work on some squares for this today as soon as I get finished with my weekend chores. :) I've only made 3 so far and that's shameful!! :hook

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy all,

Lisa- glad you found the pattern again . That one is pretty . I've never seen one made up though. I'd like to see a photo if you ever do another one !

Mare and Vik -- your squares are lookin ' good ! Great work ! Makes me look like a slouch . I'll get moving here again soon, you'll see .

Claire

I'm about as patient as someone on a spastic drug, who has just drank a 100- cup pot of coffee , tightrope walking across the Golden Gate Bridge in a pair of cowboy boots 3 sizes too big .

That's on a GOOD day .

The only thing I'm patient with, and he's not a "thing" , is my grandson . He could get away with murder and he'd still be my best pal in the world . He makes me laugh every day , no matter what he does or what kind of mood I'm in . :manyheart

Howdy all,

Lisa- glad you found the pattern again . That one is pretty . I've never seen one made up though. I'd like to see a photo if you ever do another one !

I do have pictures of some standard ones. What I don't have are pictures of the ones made in odd colors or with variegated.

Here's one in Rose & Cream

th_a5f9c12d.jpg

and here's one in Red & White

th_6dc27aa3.jpg

EDIT: I did some more reading and learned how to make the images clickable..so now, if you want to see the bigger images.. CLICK away

/end EDIT.

I'm not the world's greatest photographer. And it's also hard to find a place to photograph in my house that's not taken up with either yarn or husband and teenagers!! But wouldn't want to give any of them up!!

If I get some other stuff taken care of.. I may start another one. yet another WIM.

This CAL sounds like a lot of fun! I don't have the book but was looking on eBay and the cheapest I can find (with shipping) is just under $20. Sounds a little pricey for eBay. How much is this book retail? Has anyone been able to find this at Michaels or JoAnns??? THANKS!

Oh, Donna, I hope you join us. We are a fun gang to CAL with! If you can't find the book, just make some squares and pretend you got them from the book! :lol:lol:lol

Lisa

Im glad you found the pattern you like I think I have that one some where

Your afghans are pretty

Qmare your squares are pretty also they will be very pretty when you get it together

Wow, Lisa

Those are REALLY pretty ! Are they hard to do ? They look like you'd have to keep close track of the pattern to make them come out right . I made a copy for myself -- it's going in the SOMEDAY I NEED TO MAKE THIS pile !

Mare- does the same rule go for me ? Just so I make squares I can sign up ? I am into a major granny square project at the moment . :lol

Mare- does the same rule go for me ? Just so I make squares I can sign up ? I am into a major granny square project at the moment . :lol

Hee hee... I'm not the leader of the band here but my vote says yes... after all, square #18 is the traditional granny.

Just to be fair, I did decide to do square #16, Waterlily, for my corners although I had to adapt it quite a bit to make it small as my other squares. I think I may do a round of them in the center as well. I was only able to make one of these squares last night... and frogged a bunch while coming up with the right combo of stitches to get the size correct. :yay:2frog:2frog:yay

Lisa... your ghans are gorgeous. You go on over to the show and tell area and put those up in the Home Decor area. Oh, and I'm afraid you and I are probably the same kind of photographers... my pics are not award winners, either...

Evelyn... how is the weather out there in God's country... I'm heading that direction in a few weeks but I don't think that I'll get quite that far.

Howdy and good morning to the rest of you! Twinnish, get that hook flying and lets see some pics!

Hey lady, you are the founding mother of this CAL. Without your kind encouragement this CAL wouldn't even exist! So you get to be a member without making square 1. So proclaimeth I, leader of this CAL (who better get off her butt and finish the project so I can get into some serious square making before I get impeached)!

Evelyn! I just noticed that you're from Utah!

I visited my brother in Utah last September. We took a trip to Moab. The landscape at Arches is beyond beautiful! The red rock formations and the arches are otherwordly. My brother lives in Layton, just north of SLC. Although nowhere near Arches in beauty, Layton does have the Wasatch Mountain range watching over it. It just blew this New England girl's mind to be able to get up every morning and see HUGE mountains, seemingly close enough to touch!

I would love to camp my way across Utah. One day I will!

Hi Guys !

Thanks for letting me "in" even though I'm not officially making something directly from the book. Here's what Im working on -- take a peek :

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jlabo1/detail?.dir=/4760&.dnm=1928.jpg&.src=ph

I have a ton of those little suckers made -- probably enough to go across one or 2 rows !

Only 78,000 more to go !!!!

I'll use it when I sign in to the nursing home in 40 years if I get it put together by then . :lol

Ever feel like you are the world's outhouse ?

It's just been one of those days .

The people you SHOULD hear from, you don't .....

The people you DON'T want to hear from , you do.....

Everyone needs advice and your ~HELP~ sign is rusted , hanging by one screw and full of bullet holes .

( I shot most of them in there myself )

This post is NOT directed towards anyone in this entire 5000 plus Community .

Just the rest of the crappin' world .

Anyhow ,the Sun Will Come out Tomorrow ~~~~~

Let's all sing along .

:D ~*~ HAVE A NICE DAY ~*~ :D

Julie - that is a gorgeous afghan! I love 'ghans that look like quilts...is there a pattern for that 'ghan on the internet or did you get it out of a book? What colors are you using? :)

I hope whatever is getting you down goes away or gets better soon...you're much too nice to be having a bad day. :hug

Evelyn - way long ago I took a ski trip in Utah. I remember it as being just beautiful! :)

Hey Julie, when they haul you off to the funny farm, can you send them for me?

Is that 'ghan from that newish magazine, the one with the fun fur 'ghan on the cover (s-s-s-h-h-u-d-d-e-r)? I loved that 'ghan (er, yours, not the cover one). But piecing that together would drive me over the edge. Woman, methinks you have masochistic tendencies.... What's that you said about patience???

Evelyn, Zion and Bryce are on my list for whenever I get to Utah again. My first trip was in 1980. The next was 2005, so I hope I can get back before another 26 years goes by.

Lisa, it was woefully negligent of me not to mention your afghans. They are beautiful!

Evelyn

I'd be honored to be in the same nursing home with you . I'll need help finishing it up I'm sure !

Sue - the pattern is from the magazine Claire mentioned -- it's just called Afghans and it does have a really CRUDDY BUTT UGLY afghan on the front made of fun fur. Looks like THAT would put me in a Funny Farm ! :lol

Claire, I'll save you a spot there too. Boy , do I have some FUN road trips coming up-- the Funny Farm and the Nursing home ! Good grief . :think

I couldnt not crochet!!

I started a scrap gahn it is a shell stitch and every row is a different color you leave 6 in tail for fringe, then you add more after it is done it is done lenthwise when you get 20 inches you turn it and start from the center to finish it.

It is in an old quick and easy july aug 1991

Julie - that is a gorgeous afghan! I love 'ghans that look like quilts...is there a pattern for that 'ghan on the internet or did you get it out of a book? What colors are you using?

Sue,

I've got that magazine, in fact I was looking at it last night. Let me know when you're coming to another meeting (either Meet-Up or SVS) and I'll bring it along.

Thanks, April! Even though it's going to be a rainy week I want to go to the SVS meeting. :hook Will somebody please tell the weather-gods ENOUGH RAIN ALREADY!! Sheesh!

Sue, send some of that rain my way. We need it! I'm really glad we didn't have a lot of snow this year, but we're paying for it now. The forecast here does say rain, but we need more.

Claire, you are more than welcome to it!! I just saw the weather report this morning and the forecast is rain EVERY DAY!! The last time I saw sun was last Saturday morning from 7-10am. That's it! :angry

Progress: I've finished 5 blocks so far...I've made a bit of a change to my 'ghan. Instead of using 3 different patterns to make a baby sized blanket, I'm going to make a larger lapghan sized blanket out of all different squares. The blocks come out to around 7 1/4" which seems a bit big for a baby blanket so I decided to go for more of a lapghan or actually a crib size blanket would be similar in size.

There are too many nice squares to choose from so I decided to make it like a sampler 'ghan with all different squares. I'm going to choose the granny style squares that are worked in rounds and not any of the sampler squares that work back and forth. I'm kind of winging it again like I did with the Grandmother's Flower Garden 'ghan! :eek

I do have pictures of some standard ones. What I don't have are pictures of the ones made in odd colors or with variegated.

Here's one in Rose & Cream

th_a5f9c12d.jpg

and here's one in Red & White

th_6dc27aa3.jpg

EDIT: I did some more reading and learned how to make the images clickable..so now, if you want to see the bigger images.. CLICK away

/end EDIT.

I'm not the world's greatest photographer. And it's also hard to find a place to photograph in my house that's not taken up with either yarn or husband and teenagers!! But wouldn't want to give any of them up!!

If I get some other stuff taken care of.. I may start another one. yet another WIM.

----------

One of these days, I'll make that. It's such a pretty pattern.

I'm still enjoying looking at my 200 blocks book, but no blocks yet...

I'm going to bow out of this one...I was so excited, but my projects that need to be completed before are just too many! I'm looking forward to watching as you guys finish your projects...they'll be inspiration!! Happy crocheting :hook

Archived