or we'll have to come lookin' for you! :tryme

Take care!

Justine, glad you had a good flight! :flying

I'm up to 27 squares and counting...

Justine, glad you had a good flight! :flying

I'm up to 27 squares and counting...

Thank you very much!!! 27 squares??! :clap:clap:clap WOW

I haven't done my first one yet! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :blush

Hello everybody! How are you and your squares?

I´m crocheting block # 3 from the book. I´m still with the same two colors (orange and white/cream) and I combine both of them in 3 different kinds of blocks. It looks nice, but I don´t know, if adding one or two more colors and also, if I will add another kind of square either... I haven´t done the homework of designing the afghan in paper at the very beginning, that´s why I have these doubts... :think

That's ok, Vik. Experimentation is a big part of this whole CAL. Try different combinations. You don't have to use any that you don't like! Have fun with it!

Thanks Claire!

We (the squares and I) went this morning to the yarn shop to try another possible colors. I bought a light yellow and black also. It doesn´t sound very good... but together with the orange and cream they go together very nice. I´ll post a picture a.s.a.p. to show you! :hook

Have a nice day!:manyheart

Those colors sound very nice, Vik! I can't wait to see a pic. :) I'm doing the same kind of thing as you, I've picked some blocks but really haven't done a final design. I just thought I'd pick out some squares and see how they look together. I may make some design changes before I'm done, who knows! :eek

Don't feel bad, Justine, I've only made 3 squares so far. I've got a couple other projects going on so this will be slow going for me! :hook

Thanks Claire!

We (the squares and I) went this morning to the yarn shop to try another possible colors. I bought a light yellow and black also. It doesn´t sound very good... but together with the orange and cream they go together very nice. I´ll post a picture a.s.a.p. to show you! :hook

Have a nice day!:manyheart

Can't wait to see it!!!

I'm up to 31 now and think I might throw in a few fancy squares just to liven things up a bit. I am getting a little bored with plain ole grannies. But, the advantage is that I can crochet them anywhere and can give my attention to hubby or friends.

We'll see!

And here's the pic! I chose the light yellow and black because of my mom's sofa colors. Let’s see how it looks, when I’ll start mixing all of them!

Picture.jpg

Happy crocheting this week-end! :hook

(I'm sorry I can't make the pic smaller...:think )

Wow, Vik... that's going to be really pretty. I LOVE orange with blue... can't wait to see how it goes!

Thanks Qmare! But you know it's black like the sofa, no blue. Yes, I thinks it'll work out. If not, I'll continue with orange and cream and send the new colors to my stash box...

Haha! Are these the Illinois colors? Sorry my ignorance... I'm far away from you... :manyheart

To all those in the -alongs .....

I wrote you this little song .

If there are two of you in the room ,please sing this as a duet ..

If you know me well, I can't carry a tune in a bucket .

I got a request today to make things a little more gay

So although my brain is on meltdown speed

I'll see what I can do to fulfill your need .

C-ville is definitely the best place in the Land

To come if you have yarn and a hook in your hand .

I am writing this to give you -along ladies some praise

Sometimes we just have "one of those days " .

Things here aren't always as rosey as they should be

So we need a little goofiness to cheer up you and me .

Even though I have let my "squares" go to pot ......

I still think of you all a lot .

You are all the sweetest bunch of ladies around

In fact, off OR online, you're the best to be found .

Thanks so much for keeping things in here Civil

( I KNEW I'd have a hard time rhyming THAT ... )

So, let's try again ....

Thanks for keeping things in here jolly and fun

To each and every one

I wish you well .... plenty of yarn and hooks galore ..

Enough to cover your entire floor .

I don't have to remind any of you that each day is a gift .

Let's try to give each other a little lift !

As the old folks say.... and I'm soon to BE one ...

If you can't say something good , then you're not much fun .:D

( * Thanks, M --- I needed that little jump-start myself )

We've been officially blessed with a poem from JulieKay---- :clap

Thank you, Julie! :hug

We really are a CAL now!!! :D

To those who don't have too many squares done yet, I only have the first 4 rows of the gothic square done and I'm the CAL leader! So don't feel bad!

What's tying me up is something I'm working on for my Secret Pal. The deadline is looming (which is also Tax day, coincidentally) so I've got to get it done. Also, we've been playing "Pass the Disease, Please" at my house. First it was my oldest son, then me, then Mr. Twinnish, then my youngest daughter. Today is the first day no one has been home sick in close to three weeks! And of course Fridays are busy for me because I do my food shopping and errand running today.

*Sigh* Soon I will get to the yarn store and load up on even more yarn so I can get on with this CAL!

This CAL sounds like a lot of fun! I don't have the book but was looking on eBay and the cheapest I can find (with shipping) is just under $20. Sounds a little pricey for eBay. How much is this book retail? Has anyone been able to find this at Michaels or JoAnns??? THANKS!

I got the book at Barnes & Noble so I paid full price, around $25 (bad me!). I guess the book is relatively new so the price on eBay is still pretty high. I see amazon has some used books for around $15.

I love it!! The snowflake orange and white is marvellous, and the black mixed with it will be perfect match with the lovely sofa chair! Great job!

Mine is from AC Moore, which was purchased with a 40% off coupon.

Here's a link with some discounts:

http://www.bestwebbuys.com/1931499683

And I also found a link for this, coming out this month:

http://www.bestwebbuys.com/089689276X

insert drooling smiley here!!!

Hello Evelyn

It's good to hear from you again ! I was reading on your blog that you wanted to make the Prairie Star afghan . Have you started it yet ? My gosh, I'd LOVE to make that someday -- it is SO pretty !!

I think where it says the words PATIENCE REQUIRED at the top throws me a little . I am the LEAST patient person I know . I was born with NONE and it grows shorter each day .

Think I could do it without blowing a gasket ?:rant:bang

Thanks Qmare! But you know it's black like the sofa, no blue. Yes, I thinks it'll work out. If not, I'll continue with orange and cream and send the new colors to my stash box...

Haha! Are these the Illinois colors? Sorry my ignorance... I'm far away from you... :manyheart

D'oh... I thought blue. But hey, black is awesome, too!

Julie... love your poems. They are a bright spot in my day!

th_Layout2.jpg

th_layout1.jpg

here are 2 layouts for my ghan. I still have a lot of squares to make but thought I'd start laying it out to see how many more... and I am going to do some sort of fancy burgandy squares in the corners...

Pretty embarassing how much variation in size I have!

dats it for now!

Evelyn & Julie,

Thank you both so much for posting :hug:hug:hug.. I was driven by Julie's comments about the Prairie Star afghan to go look at Evelyn's blog. Then Evelyn drove me to go look up the Purple Kitty site.

And LO and BEHOLD there on the Purple Kitty site is the Hearts and Diamonds pattern that I absolutely LOVE. :manyheartI have been so afraid of losing that pattern. It makes up so easily and well and everyone I've given one to just loves it. And I've made it in all kinds of colors.. not just red and white. My sister in law wanted it in a Green color. Even that turned out nice. Unfortunately, no pictures.

I want to join this CAL so bad. I have the book, somewhere. But I MUSt finish some other things first. I really must. So I'll just be watching for now. I love all the colors and ideas I've seen so far.

Thanks again Julie & Evelyn.

Hi Lisa,

When you're ready to join, we'll be here!

Vik and Mare, you are crochet machines! Nice colors. I think the yellow and black will go nicely with the orange and white, Vik.

Donnalynn, it would be a pleasure to have you in with us! I hope you can get a good deal on the book.

Hi Evelyn!

Why, JulieKay, you seem to be a very patient person, occasional preachercuss square notwithstanding!

Justine, can you still "hear" us?

How's the square progress today? I hope everyone else is having a nice Saturday while I'm stuck at work.

Archived