200 Crochet Blocks Crochet Along

Twinnish

Hey Sue -

Pretty funny -- the first explanation reminded me of what lengths my husband might go to . Not that he's CRAZY -- he's the SANEST person I know . ROCK SOLID .

BUT.... I talk so much, he may saw off his ear and hand it to me someday, tell me to keep on talking, and go into bed or to work. Someplace where he gets a little PEACE .Then he could say he's still listening , get it ?:lol

hehe! I get a picture of you walking thru Walmart talking to an ear sitting in the seat portion of a shopping cart!! Now, that's crazy!!

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH OKAY!! I can't resist! I've had this book a while and have drooled over all the beautiful squares. Even though I'm working on the 63 Mores Squares CAL, I'd love to join this one!! :D

A wonderful friend sent me some beautiful Caron SS in grape, orchid and white. I will use it to make at least a baby blanket size 'ghan. :)

It just cracks me up how many of us are saying "Oh, I shouldn't... but I *love* that book... oh, what the heck!" That book really is a killer, isn't it? And ya want to know what really gets me about my copy? It smells like coffee! :lol I don't know what the person who originally owned it did to it, maybe buried it in Kona beans? Whatever it was, it just means my book gives off the most wonderful aroma every time I turn a page.

The only trouble is, it makes me crave a mug of coffee every time I open it!

(And this is a problem *why*? Well, in part because I'm a 40-something woman with a bladder the size of a walnut. :P Ok, TMI, I know.)

Enough pee and coffee talk, I guess -- lead me to my yarn.

Lene'

I do the same with tea. I mean, my book doesn't smells like tea (not yet at least ;-) ) but for me crocheting goes hand in hand with a hot mug of tea. So it's always the same, crocheting, crocheting and running to the bathroom!!!

There's anything better on this world?! ;-)

I'm in! I picked up 3 shade of blue wool today. I got a wild idea about 5am when I still couldn't sleep. What if I do one or two squares in a variety of colorways, and maybe a solid square in some of the colors?

This will be a work in progress as I can't find or afford all the different colors of wool at one time. If it was acrylic that would be different, but I want this in wool.

Kathy

OH OKAY!! I can't resist! I've had this book a while and have drooled over all the beautiful squares. Even though I'm working on the 63 Mores Squares CAL, I'd love to join this one!! :D

A wonderful friend sent me some beautiful Caron SS in grape, orchid and white. I will use it to make at least a baby blanket size 'ghan. :)

Buwahahahaha, another one pulled in by the tractor beam!!!

And losingmymind2, I knew you couldn't resist! What a great idea that is!

I just wanted to say Hi to Justine and sissie44! Somehow I missed their posts when I checked back in a few minutes ago.

Justine, your squares are great! I bet if you had the right color to join them, they would look good with other squares using the same variations of those colors. All you need are a couple dozen more and they will go together just fine.

sissie44, you go get that book, and we'll be here waiting for you. And if not, we'll be back from the bathroom soon!

Oh and one more thing, Quilty, did you lose something? A few vowels and a consonant? Or am I losing it? ;)

If anyone is intersted in sharing those squares or have squares that can match mine, let me know :)

Hi Justine! I think your squares would look really beautiful together in an afghan. My favorite quilts and afghans have a scrappy look to them but incorporate complimentary colors-your afghan would look just like one of those! I think you should keep going with what you have! Just use your dark blue as if it's your neutral color and try to balance it with an even mix of the white, gray light blue, medium blue and orange. It will be awesome!

Hi Sue & Sissie! Glad to see you here. Sissie, you could just do like me until you get the book and just make some plain ole grannys... afer all, there are just plain ole grannies in the book!

I actually made one more little square last night and 2 at lunch so I'm up to 10 3 round grannies. I am a slooooooooooooooooooow poke, to be sure. I just don't get that much time to crochet.

I'll take some pics if I get a chance tonight. Last night was a loss!

Notice my "new" name?

:lol :lol :lol Mare

Howdy gang .

Sorry I have been MIA the past couple days . I'm still out here, just floating around with a billion things to do and not getting any of them done .

My grandson was a LIVEWIRE this week ,so he has been a full time job. My parents just got home from Florida, so had to go visit and check in with them to see how their trip went , etc .

This book full of patterns has my head spinning. Holey moley ---- it's just mind-boggling with all the choices there are . SO .. I may have taken the WIMPY way out, but I chose one of their afghans that is already laid out for you. I think it's on pg 31-- called Baby stripes, but mine won't be a baby afghan . I'll probably make it bigger than specified and am making it in SS yarn -- the main color being black, with 2 smaller stripes on each block in the "brites" . I am using watermelon and blue mint, which to me look more like Neon pink and peacock blue . Anyhow, I am now starting square 3 . They are very simple minded , no hard directions to follow and not too many worries about sizes of squares coming out wrong . I think it'll be really pretty .

No idea what I'll use it for , but I like the color combo .

Welcome to all the new people that have signed up ! Good to see the group growing by leaps and bounds !

Welcome Sue --- glad you decided to join -- and Mare-- like your new shorter "handle " .

:bounce :bounce :bounce:hi:bounce :bounce :bounce Hi Julie! I missed you! Lookie who's here... Sue and Lene' and Sissie and Justine and Kathy and maybe Renegade and??? and Twinnish and phew! I'm know I missing people so please forgive me.

Oooo, your afghan's gonna be soooooooooooooo pretty.

Oh well... back to work...

M :hook

Sue -

Yea, I'd probably just tie it on a piece of yarn and wear it for a necklace , then I'd have an "audience " all the time -- I could talk nonstop .

*** I DO ANYHOW , but when I take a breath to ask a question .... he looks up with a blank look on his face , like WHAT ????

If I didn't know better, I'd say he's not listening . When I ask him what he wants for supper and he replies, Yea, the sidewalk DOES need shoveled ...

I sorta get the idea that he hasn't heard a word I've said .

** We've got neighbors so nosey, THEY could answer my questions better than HE could !!! :lol

Good morning folks!

I'm checking in before I shuffle off to the salt mines. I'm going to bring my book to work today and look through it again at lunch, if I have time. We're using a new computer system to enter data. It's been taking up a lot of time, so I haven't gotten much down time at work lately. Hopefully, I'll get a moment to check back in, at least.

Happy Saturday!

Wow!! It's great to see everyone over here!! Hi to all, old CAL-pals and new! :waving

Justine, your squares are beautiful! Love the blue hues! I also got a kick out of your bio!! Haha!

Julie - I saw a sweatshirt that said "My wife says I don't listen to her...or something like that."

Yes, I've been pulled in by the tractor beam and some lovely yarn I have that's been waiting for a project! I made the first square yesterday, # 55 - centered square- I've always been crazy about grannies! I'm going to team it up with # 54 - framed flower - and either # 81 or 78. I'll have to see which looks best with the other 2. I want to make a blanket with a similar layout to the blanket on page 29.

Here's the first square for my "Bouncing Baby Bobble Blanket." Say that three times fast. :) I've decided to do my Project Linus blanket using all the bobble squares from the book. I've actually finished two of the squares but thanks to my crummy camera you can hardly see the detail on the second one (#4 - Bobble Diamond) so why bother posting it? I'm using a "G" hook with Simply Soft and my squares are coming out at 7 1/4". This particular square is # 57 - Arrowhead Bobbles and the color is "Papaya."

arrowhead.jpg

I'm also going to be doing squares in "Jonquil" which is a pretty yellow and good ol' white. I may throw some beige in there too, just for fun. Who says baby blankets have to be pastel?

I just got the book from the library, i'll join in, i'm going to do squares #7 - Corner Granny, # 109 - Four Square and # 129 - Anemone. I'm going to use the colors that i was doing Grandmothers Flower Garden in, i'm stopping that one for now, i did'nt like how it was joining togeather, my colors are a Md. pink, a light pink, and a creamy off-white, and i'll mix and match the squares:hook

Love the name of your blanket, April! What a cute idea! Your square looks beautiful. :)

Barb, those colors sound so pretty! That GFG is a bear to put together, isn't it? I never figured out if there was a fast way to get thoses things joined! :think

Hey Justine! :waving Are you just going to make squares to share or will you make a blanket too?

Wow! The number of blocks and color combinations is over-whelming!! I may go through a couple square changes before I finally decide which ones I finally settle on! I went to Michael's today and added another color, sage green, to the ones I already have - grape, orchid and white.

Hey, Claire!!!!!

Good for you, starting up this CAL...:cheer:clap

I have been eyeing that book at our favorite AC Moore store, and now I just might have to buy it! It would be fun to also do this CAL with someone LOCAL! I just joined 2 of the older CAL's too, but what the heck, why not? :lol

Hi LeaAnne!

Just be sure you find a 40% off coupon to use when you buy it! Thanks for joining! I need to get down there and buy more yarn. I need more colors. I always need more colors. And yarn. And more yarn! :D

Archived