200 Crochet Blocks Crochet Along

Twinnish

Well in amongst the Geckos and lizards I finally joined up the last of the squares tonight. There was a 2 hour special on the Miners who were rescued which gave me something to crochet to...

Now for a border.. mmm. What shall I do?

-----------

I often like the simplicity of a SC or HDC border, especially if there's a lot happening in an afghan. It gives a nice, polished look, without detracting from the body of the ghan. Just a thought.

BTW, I *love* your ghan! I agree, the use of the lemon in the middle really makes the whole thing pop. You could do a round of hdc in lemon, and then in the green to tie it together, if you don't have any of the brown left.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hehe and I work full time in a high powered job ! I find cos work is so full on the crochet is a great relaxant at the end of the day. :lol

---------

Isn't that the truth, cupcake! Actually, sometimes I find that crochet relaxes me so much, I fall asleep! :lol

I'm upto 20 squares now. I am hoping to finish this over the long weekend here in England. I have to decide how to join the squares now as I have never dne this before. Do you recommend sewing or crocheting the squares. Should I do it line by line? Should it be done in blue or maybe one of the other colours to make the lines stand out? Agh! So many questions

http://rooknittting.blogspot.com/

Wow I really dig your colours. :cheer I always prefer to crochet mine together as I feel this gives the rug more "give". I like the cerise colour and wonder how that would look?

Not too many questions!!! The cerise would look lovely!!! But blue would, too!

Personally, I'm a square sew-er, but I've ever only joined 2 afghans, so my experience is limited.

You have a long weekend this weekend? We have one over here, too, Memorial Day weekend. Well, the people who work Monday through Friday do. I have to work, as I do every weekend---but I have Monday off! Whoo hoo!!! I actually get to sleep late (by late I mean 7:30, 8 o'clock)!

bump....

you folk must be very busy with your 200 blocks cos there is not a lot of chatting and posting going on here. :D

I am working on the border which is good as it has become quite cool and I can snuggle underneath a I crochet arround. :manyheart

Hi cupcake,

If only that were so! I've been distracted by other things going on. But with dog as my witness (not really, because I'm at work) I vow I will work on a square this weekend (if the intoxicatingly good weather doesn't lure me outside)! Even if I have to haul my yarn and stuff everywhere! Of course, I could crochet at work, if I didn't have work to do, but I do, and tons.

I can't wait to see your finished afghan. And knowing you, Ms. Bionic Hands, it was probably done ten minutes ago!

Hi j kawano! Have you checked your local library for the book? Maybe they can request it from another library for you. I'd be happy to have you join!

Roo, did you decide which color to use? Your 'ghan looks great, even it it isn't joined yet.

roo how did you block yours? I didnt think of that and just joined them up.:think

where do you think Vik has gone? She wa making some solid progress and now hasnt been arround for a few days.

I tried crocheting the squares together, but because they are all different and only a couple were done in the round it was really difficult for a beginner like me to find the right bits to crochet together. I gave up and sewed it together using blue. I usually hate sewing but I found this quite therapeutic! (That is until I sewed one of the strips of squares the wrong way and had to undo it when I thought I'd finished!) I blocked them by pinning them out to the right size and then holding a steam iron on full steam over the top of them and leaving them overnight. It worked really well and made sewing up much easier, as they were all such different sizes before. I'm on the border now, I'm having fun making that up as I go along. I love how it is so much easier to try things out and rip things back in crochet compared to knitting. I should have a finished blanket to show you very soon.

Rooknits, congratulations, it is absolutely gorgeous! I love those colors, and you did well joining them with blue.

Way to go!! :clap

Crikey gee that is fabulous! I really like the colours as well as the different textures! What is the destination of the finished creation?

cupcake, I love when you show your aussie (crikey gee!). It's so cute!

My poor CAL, down here on the bottom of the page again. I've been sidelined by end of the school year stuff and life in general. But I've started making some squares again. I'm about half way done with the squares. I've got about 30 and probably won't use all of them, because some of them are of the "let's see how this looks" variety.

OK, I'm off again to make another square. If I'm feeling ambitious later and it comes out halfway decent, I might post a pic.

Hi girls,

I´m here... it´s been more than a month since I don´t come to the ´Ville. I don´t use to write personal things here... but we are a small group and I feel I have to tell you why I suddenly dissappeaerd ... I´m facing my divorce, and the whole situation became a nightmare...

About my ghan, I need to join the last squares and I still have to do the border.

Rooknits: I love your baby blanket! It´s so beautiful!!!! I love it!

Cupcake: How are you? Did you finish the border?

Claire: What about your Monet´s color afghan?

:manyheart

Hugs

Vik

Hi Vik, I did miss you. I hope you are looking after your self as personal disruptions can be so stressful.

I have about three rows to do on the border and then I am done. I have been a bit distracted with my teacosies and reptiles, but the ghan is still moving along in the background. It is too big to drag along to watch my son play soccer and the smaller projects are easier to transport.

We will be having some late nights here necasue of the world cup.

It is a long weekend here and I plan to get it completed.

Vik where are you at with yours?

Vik, it's good to "see" you, but I'm sorry you're having a tough time. :hug for you!

My 'ghan is coming slowly. End of the school year is a busy time and I have less time to crochet.

Is it too late to join in with this CAL?

I'm very new to crochet. A friend lent me her copy of "200 crochet blocks" last week and I'm finding lots of inspiration in there, but rather than having a particular item in mind to make, I would just like to try my hand at some of the blocks for my own personal learning. That way I can get used to reading patterns and finding out what differences there are in using various yarns and hook sizes.

Would this be ok? :)

Hi rose-anglaise! Welcome to the CAL! It's never too late to join, although it's been a bit slow lately. I look forward to seeing your work!

Archived