Beaded Wire Necklace

CatsCradleCreations

Just in time for my birthday (I bought the kit with birthday money from my grandmother) and St. Patrick's Day, I crocheted a lovely wire necklace with assorted sizes and colors of green beads. The kit included all the beads, 32 gauge gold wire, a 1.75 mm Addi traveler crochet hook (my new favorite steel hook!), and a lobster-claw clasp. Total crafting time (stringing beads was the longest) was about 2 1/2 hours from stringing the first bead to closing the jump rings for the clasp.

wirenecklace.jpg

Melissa! I love it. I have a huge stash of beads... and have been meaning to drag them out to do something similar... my first and second craft loves... crochet and beads!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Wow! And what a tiny link chain you made! I tried to crochet with wire once and had a heck of a time. The wire was hard on my hands and my chain loops ended up very large and uneven. Your necklace looks quite professional. The varying sizes of the green beads are wonderful.:cheer

Spectacular! May I ask where you got the kit?

It's called "Addi-Pearls" and I bought the kit at my LYS. There are four kits total--two crochet and two knit. I have an abundance of beads here at the house--in varying sizes and colors--as well as several spools of wire, so I'm going to try to do some more of these.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments!! :c9

http://cgi.ebay.com/Addi-Pearls-Crocheted-beaded-necklace-kit-Laura-green_W0QQitemZ8254750871QQcategoryZ108867QQcmdZViewItem

Found this on :ebay . Looks like I'll have to start saving my spare change. I've never tried wire & beads, but this is beautiful! I might have to break down & attempt this. . . once I put a bigger dent in my MUST DO projects that are already stacked up:eek

• 2 weeks later...

Very Nice Melissa:cheer

What a great way to spend your birthday money... And such a fashionable color also.

Hmmm :think I do glass and silver beaded bracelets here with the toggle clasps but not crocheted... Guess I should try to crochet some jewerly... Last necklace I crocheted was a rope of pearls for my Mom that was over 35 years ago done with a small steel crochet hook like a sz 10 and tiny pearls and small crochet thread... lol did't know any better then lol but it did turn out very nice and my Mom still has it.

Now darn where did I stash that book with the pattern it did have other jewerly patterns to crochet also:blush

Archived