A Shawl for a dear friend

Mara295

With some of the yarn I had left over from a couple of girl's dresses I recently completed, I made a shawl for their mother. She and I have an understanding that I will -never- remember her birthday and she won't get mad at me for it hehe. She understands I haven't a mind for dates :) Anyhow, as it turns out this gift (completely unintentionally--it was meant to be a "just cuz" kind of gift) comes only 2 days before her birthday. Woot! I not only managed a gift for her, but I got it to her early. We both had a good laugh, and she really loves it. So, without further adieu, I give you:

blankashawl.jpg

This isn't the whole thing, it's about the last third of it but the other pictures I took of it were terrible for some reason. I does show some of the detail on it, and I believe I've got the colour about right (to adjust for the flash). The top is just a row of dc's. I used the same method as for my New Year's Shawl. The body of the shawl is Love Knots/Solomon Knots, and I got the trim from my "Encyclopedia of Crochet".

Thanks for looking! :yay

Beautiful shawl! That lover's knot stitch has had me frogging alot lately. Any secret to getting it all nice and even? :eek Mine look wonky!

:hug,

Lorry

Very nice love the color for this time of year also. :cheer

I love the loveknot stitch...:)

I did a shawl years ago done in off white with sport yarn that is sort of a circle and you fold it over to wear it has 3 rows of loveknots as the bottom ruffling. I still use it since it has never gone out of style. One of those years ago patterns when the ladies magazines use to have crochet patterns in them. The good ole 70s..In fact last year I went through some of my Womans Day and Family Circle magazines and threw away a lot of them, well except the ones with crafts in them of course.. :hook

And much to my surprise there were a couple of issues that had card board looms in them with projects like the new looms Annies has now!!!

Things do return just with a little different twist!!:eek

Archived