Hello from the Willamette Valley area (in Oregon)

OnceUponAHook

Joined a few days ago, made a couple of posts:D . Have a break this afternoon from running kids around and thought I had better put the yarn away and make my hello.

My name is Bonnie. I learned basic crochet when I was about 8 years old. Taught myself more about 18 years ago when I did not want to pay $400 for a tablecloth I saw on our honeymoon that was hand crocheted from thread. I decided I could do it for a lot less. Made several since then.

I am now a sahm of 3, was a paralegal before becoming the kids chauffer.

I like to crochet clothing. Sometimes I like to follow a pattern but lately I have been creating without patterns. Best time to crochet is after they go to bed and when I am waiting for them in the car so I always have some project trailing along behind me.

:welcome from Oklahoma! W. Valley is one of my favorite places! I was just there in Dec, it is so beautiful there.

This is such a great place for ideas and encouragement! We'd love to see some pictures of your work!

Hi and welcome to Crochetville from unseasonable warm Massachusetts (60 degrees here today, unreal! Four days ago we were in the middle of a blizzard.

I was in Oregon during the first week of December, mostly the Portland area. I liked it a lot, especially the fact that it rarely snows there!!! :D

Hi and welcome to Crochetville from unseasonable warm Massachusetts (60 degrees here today, unreal! Four days ago we were in the middle of a blizzard.

I was in Oregon during the first week of December, mostly the Portland area. I liked it a lot, especially the fact that it rarely snows there!!! :D

Except for we are currently getting a blast of artic air coming from the North and temps are the coldest we have had all winter. Worst is to hit tonight and Friday - in the teens overnight and maybe above freezing during the day - Woo Hoo!!!:eek

:welcome from Oklahoma! W. Valley is one of my favorite places! I was just there in Dec, it is so beautiful there.

This is such a great place for ideas and encouragement! We'd love to see some pictures of your work!

Thanks for the welcome. This is a great place, but we do get quite a bit of rain - guess that is why everything is so lush and green.

I currently have one pic up on my blog at: http://onceuponahook.blogspot.com/ . I need to get some of my other completed projects up so they would be in one place to view. The picture there is something I made for my youngest sister-in-law. She brought me a picture of something she saw in a fashion magazine and said can you do this?? It was FUN!!!

Hello from Los Angeles... I've only been here a couple weeks and I'm a court reporter, also a self-taught crocheter, so we got a couple things in common already~ You're gonna love it here~

Worked for 13 years - a few years doing criminal work in Yakima, Washington and then various legal areas the rest of the time here in Salem. Very interesting. Both attorneys I worked for keep calling and asking if I am available to come back yet. Not yet as my youngest is 4 years old.

:yay Hi!

:welcome from Barb in Molalla, Oregon. I just joined this group the other day. It's nice to see a neighbors face in the crowd. I didn't realize how many people here were from this general area until I read your post and the replies. I have been having a ball meeting people from all over the world since I joined this list. It's so neat! I am looking forward to getting to know a lot of you better... seeing some of your work and sharing ideas and links...

:wcold It's down right cold here and I hear it's going to get worse the next couple of days....

Isn't the Willamate Valley the place where all that famous Oregon Pinot Noir is made? mmmmmm good stuff.

I'm Jimbo and i'm a self taught hook whittler.

I think you'll like it here..

Hello once upon a hook!!

Welcome, & I know you will just love it here, everyone is so nice.:cheer

I went to your blog site, & you do absolutely beautiful crocheting:manyheart

& your bead-pierced earrings are so gorgeous, I already have some, & love them, I feel, that a person can never have enough:c9

Have A Sweet Day!!!

Welcome,Onceuponahook. I live in McMinnville a hop, skip and jump away from you :haha.

So welcome again.

MamaHooks:cheer

Oooooh i stayed in Macminville at the Hotel Oregon. What a fun place. Loved all the little faces painted on the plumbing fittings. And the town... just a really fantastic place. I'd go there again in a heartbeat!

Isn't the Willamate Valley the place where all that famous Oregon Pinot Noir is made? mmmmmm good stuff.

I'm Jimbo and i'm a self taught hook whittler.

I think you'll like it here..

Yeahhhhh. . . I just live on the otherside of the hill from Willamette Valley Vinyards . . . sigh.. . . HoneyWood Winery has a really good Blackberry Wine too (they have great case sales!!)

Hello once upon a hook!!

Welcome, & I know you will just love it here, everyone is so nice.:cheer

I went to your blog site, & you do absolutely beautiful crocheting:manyheart

& your bead-pierced earrings are so gorgeous, I already have some, & love them, I feel, that a person can never have enough:c9

Have A Sweet Day!!!

Thanks for looking at my stuff! Looking back there is a lot that I have given away that was pretty cool without me taking a picture of.:blush

Yeah . . I have a bead stash too. . . I haven't done very much beading since my first child was born though. Just an ocassional project now and then, but beads are fun, fun, fun.

Archived