Who's your favorite person to crochet for?

Teesachu

We all have the evil people that we will never make anything for ever again, but for me there is another side to the coin, a person that I love to make stuff for.

For me, believe it or not, it is my MIL. She is always incredibly appreciative of the work that goes into what I make her and I know that she actually uses it, which is nice. That and she is convinced that I am "so" creative even though I'm using other people's patterns, lol.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that is not a easy one. Hmmm well first would probably be my dds but since one crochets herself and they are both young adults... these days I love to crochet baby gifts so that would be new babies born into the church we attend.

:manyheart :manyheart

Definitely my friend Heather!!! I met her here at Crochetville over a year ago, and we make each other gifts often. It is so nice to give to someone who truly understands the work involved and appreciates it.:cheer

At the moment ME :D

I have made my mum things but shes never happy with them, there is ALWAYS something about it that she doesnt like.

my kids will not wear ANYTHING i made (the kids will laugh) :think

there is only me that appreciates my stuff :blush

do you think they are trying to tell me something?? :(

i make stuff for babies at our local hospital but as far as a certain person that would be my 89 yr old aunt sally she loves my thread crochet and she lights up when i give her something which makes me feel good

and thats why i crochet to make people feel good

including meself

love micki

I have the problem of wanting to give what I make away as soon as it is done. My family loves everything I make. I can't show favoritism towards one, so I have to make multi of the same items. My answer is my children and my grandchildren.

My ex-MIL and all my ex-family!

They live in South Africa, they all crochet (well, the older ones anyway!) and they all appreciate hand made crochet things very, very much.

They are hugely into dishclothes, towel toppers and putting beautiful edging on bath towels, etc.

And, believe it or not, it does get cold enough in their winter for cozy scarves, shawls and ponchos.

Most of all they are the most loving, generous and happy people I know:)

As much as I tend to give 3/4 of what I make away, and I love to do that, I'd have to say truthfully, my favorite person to make things for is ME! How selfish is that? I hate shopping for clothes so when I find a pattern that strikes me (sewing, crocheting or otherwise) I'm off. If a pattern doesn't pop up, usually my muse will with some inspiration.

I love making things for my husband and my cat...I love making things for children and all my friends and their pets...I still haven't gotten into the full swing of crocheting for charity yet,but it's on the drawing board. That's not to say that I don't give of something (either time or money) to charity...just not yet in the form of crocheting.

I would have to say my oldest daughter. She also crochets and does the craft shows with me. But I surprised her a couple weeks ago. She is having her 4th baby very very soon. Her other three children are 12, 11, and 10 and she was not expecting to be expecting ever again. She also works two full time jobs besides crochets with me, so she is one busy woman. I spent a "Cara" week crocheting. That's the new ones name. I made 4 pair of booties, 2 bibs, two hats, a pineapple dress, a blanket and a rattle for her baby shower. The one hat I made with ear flaps and pompoms on the ties with a pompom on the top. She just kept patting it thru out her baby shower. I know Cara Maelyn is coming home in that hat.:manyheart

My favorite person to crochet for at the moment is my 3 month old niece. Shes the only baby in the family right now. I love making things in pink for her:manyheart Shes so cute!

I really don't have any one person I love to crochet for. Usually I start making an item and it tells me who will end up receiving it. Weird, but that's what usually happens.

Baby Afghans usually start with the receiver in mind, but all my other projects are items I want to make because I fell in love with a particular pattern. By the time I'm finished, I usually have figured out who it's going to go to. Whoever ends up with it are always very appreciative. My friends & family love to receive gifts that come from the heart.

I had to start giving my afghans to others, as I was drowning in FO's:manyheart

I would have to say that my husband is the person for whom I most enjoy making things for...followed very closely by my sons & DIL. They always seem to appreciate the handmade gifts.

But I am lucky, as my extended family really enjoys my projects too.

Well, I just started a month ago but right now, that would be my very dear friend Sandra (she's like a sister to me) and her brand-new baby Diego :manyheart He's 5 days old and since I started crochet, I just can't stop making things for him :)

I started with Deneen's bubble blanket, continued with 2 hats (I still had yarn) and am now looking for a nice baby booties pattern. Next I'll make his mom a nice shawl to keep her warm (she lives in Switzerland and it's pretty cold down there at the moment :wbrr ).

I'm also working on Priscilla Hewitt's hook case pattern for my sister who, funnily enough, started to crochet at the same time than I did. It's odd because we live 5,000 miles apart and hadn't even talked about it before starting :think Anyway, I hope she'll like the hook case :)

I love to make things for my daughter. She is so much fun to make for. Then I have to say I love to crochet for my mother. She loves dolies and afghans. I am always trying to do special things for her also. :hook

Oh that's cinchy. The person i most care to crochet for is our very own Pink. She got my very first and best crochet work (the python afgan) and immediately displayed it in a place of honor. I think she even posted a picture.

Definitely my newborn nephew. I hadn't crocheted seriously in years before I found out my SIL was pregnant, so I thank/blame him for getting me back into it. :lol He's the first birth in our close family (inc. close cousins) in 25 years, so it's kind of a big deal around here. Everything I've made lately has been for him--and I've learned I love making baby clothing--it's so cute and quick!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived