Who's your favorite person to crochet for?

Teesachu

I guess, I've been lucky:)

So far, everyone was happy with my work. Everyone appreciated it, wears it. Except for the pretty shawl I made my mother-in-law. She put it in a bag for safe storage. :lol (It was not that she did not like it)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daughter. I really love making sweaters for her. I think that I show to much favoritism towards her, and now my son is getting jealous. The other day, he said " I want a green purse, Mommy" lol. I'm working on making him a green sweater instead. I will not, however make anything for my neice, that takes a long time. I made her a sweater for Christmas, and she absolutely refused to wear it! Her parents ended up giving it back to me... it was suppose to be a guilt trip thing... "Fine, if you won't wear it, then we'll give it back to Mindy, who can give it to someone who will!". Of course, she didn't fall for it and was perfectly happy to be rid of it. Oh well!

I started crocheting after a 20 year gap as a way of giving something back to the hospital that my pregnant daughter was attending so I never meet the people I do most of my crochet for as it is for the hospital

I crochet for premature and still born babies I don't know who receives the items but I do know how much parents appreciate the things because my beautiful daughter sadly lost her twin girls at 20 weeks and was overwhelmed that they were so beautifully dressed by someone's donation

she asked me to keep making things and donating in honour of her girls which i still do a year later. It has been very theuraptic

so to all of you who donate don't under estimate how much your gift will be appreciated

and just recently i have started making shrugs for my girl and she is very appreciative:manyheart

I love crocheting things for my mother. She used to crochet a little bit and taught me the basics when I was very young, but she hasn't finished a project since my brother was born 26 years ago! So, she knows how much time and effort goes into the gifts I make for her, and she really appreciates them. I made her a poncho and matching cloche hat out of Homespun this Christmas in a really nice shade of variegated browns. She wears it all the time! Every time I've visited her in the last few months, I swear she's been wearing the poncho. She loves it, and it makes me so happy to see her enjoying it. I'm in the process of finding a pattern for a light summer hat to make for her (her latest request :)).

My mil is probably top on the list ... then his aunts. They are an interesting bunch because even though they don't crochet (one does enough - or used to - that she knows it's not her niche) they understand what's involved (time, skill, etc) and appreciate it, and they love to tell ME they appreciate it.

And my kids. All four of them get very excited once they figure out that what I'm making is for them.

I love making things for my family, but my family is so reserved that it's difficult to tell when they really appreciate something I make them, lol.

First would probably be my daughter. (one years old next week) Then me, then my mother who loves anything I do crochet.

So far everyone that I have made someting for has been over the moon with appreciation! So, I really don't have a favorite person to crochet for. My family knows how much work goes into various items, and they are happy when their number comes up and they are a lucky receiver!

I crochet for anyone and everyone ....... I make and give away pot holders, birthday cupcake/pincushions, rosette fashion pins, hanging dish towels, frig magnets, snow flakes, hats, scarves, baby booties etc. I give them to postal workers, cashiers, waitresses, store clerks, nurses & nurse's aids (when I visit someone sick) gals & guys I work with, the building custodians etc. At Christmas I bring in all my left over stuff to work and invite everyone to pick one item. Everyone gets just what they like and I don't have to wrap anything ....... works for me.

I'm always on the look out for new things to crochet ....... it keeps me off the streets.

• 4 months later...

I know it probably sounds a little corny, but I love making charity items. It makes me feel so good to make things for people who I know are in need, and who hopefully will appreciate that someone made something for them by hand.

My 6yo dd. She loves to tell everyone "Momma made this for me" She makes me very proud to be a momma. Course everytime I start a new project that is not for her we have pouting time until I put it aside and make something for her or her baby dolls, barbies, etc...

I honestly don't think I have 1 favorite person to give to. My family and friends always ask for homemade items for gifts. I know they all love and appreciate the time and love that goes into each piece.

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter.....she loves everything I make her!

My son....he loves everything I make him!

My hubby.....has wanted a blanket for such a long time....and I'm almost done!

So....my family!

• 5 months later...

My mom, my sister, my kids. My mom is always so impressed (and says just the right things!). My sister is just fun to make stuff for...My kids get a thrill out of the stuff I make for them (sweaters for DH are getting rare-er...hard to find good patterns his size) toys, clothes. whatever.

Oh...and I love making stuff for babies, too. And it's not just the instant gratification...I hope! :lol

Archived