Fendi Knockoff Bag CAL--CLOSED--Please no requests for pattern

Mom w/a Motif

I am still waiting for the pattern!! maybe give her another shout. these all look so adorable, I don't know if I have the talent to make one, but at least I would like to try.. :think

Hey Maryann

I wasn't sure I would be able to do it either (I'm still a bit of a beginner). But the pattern is pretty easy. If I can do it I'm sure you will have no problems.:hook

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really didn't want to join another crochetalong just yet...but then I saw your finished bags and I couldn't resist. I found myself at Joann's today buying my handles hehe...so I'm on my way! I will probably make a button tonight, since I'm incapable of joining something without putting up a button on my page...hehe.

HPIM0689.jpgWOW, Debi and Alisha your purses look great:clap :cheer:clap I've had trouble getting on the internet here. Mine is coming along but I'm not real happy with the ruffle. Mine seems like it has too many ruffles. I think I'm going to go back to row 5 and change it to 3sc in next sc, 2sc in next sc. Instead of 2 and 2, does that make any sense?? Here's a few pics let me know what you think. It rained here most of the day yesterday but today was great. HPIM0687.jpg

Oooo! Thanks, Lynn! I don't know how to make buttons yet (still a newbie to computers kind of). So thank you! :hug Glad you could join us, we can't wait to see your bag, too!

:yay

Tina

WOW, Debi and Alisha your purses look great:clap :cheer:clap I've had trouble getting on the internet here. Mine is coming along but I'm not real happy with the ruffle. Mine seems like it has too many ruffles. I think I'm going to go back to row 5 and change it to 3sc in next sc, 2sc in next sc. Instead of 2 and 2, does that make any sense?? Here's a few pics let me know what you think. It rained here most of the day yesterday but today was great.

Looks great!! I love the yarn you're using, too!! The colours are really pretty.

Here is the button I made for myself. You guys are free to use it if you'd like...just save it to your own server please :)

fendialong.gif

Here is the button I made for myself. You guys are free to use it if you'd like...just save it to your own server please :)

fendialong.gif

Great button Lynn! Thanks!!!:hug

Lovely button, Lynn! Thank you! Now we're 'official' :D (If only I could figure out how to save it, now...):think

Thanks Lynn! :hug

Tina

Right click on the button, then click "save as", to save on your computer.:)

I did that, and it comes up a blue and red box but not the picture. :think My husband showed me how to do this once. Guess I'll have to wait until he gets home, or else maybe the thirteen year old can help me (I'm such a computer dummy..:blush )

edited to add: I did it! :clap I don't know how I did it, but I did it!! (Actually I know how I did it, but I couldn't explain it in computer language...) :P

Tina

I did that, and it comes up a blue and red box but not the picture. :think My husband showed me how to do this once. Guess I'll have to wait until he gets home, or else maybe the thirteen year old can help me (I'm such a computer dummy..:blush )

Hmmm.... I don't know.

My kids have to show me everything, too.:P

Well, now that I've finished the few little projects I was working on and am just about done with my Sunburst Poncho, I will hopefully start this next week. I'm wondering if you guys can suggest a good yarn to use. My fave is Simply Soft but I don't know if that's going to be "sturdy" enough for a nice purse. Thanks everyone!!!!

I don't know, it's up to you, I guess. RH or Bernat will make a sturdy fabric. I would think Simply Soft will make a softer one. (I personally like Simply Soft, too, I am making an afghan out of it in my spare :lol time...)

Tina

I am using Simply Soft for my first bag, and I am actually surprised as how well it is coming out! I used two strands for the body of the purse and the flap and an I hook because I crochet pretty tightly. I also did regular SC instead of back loop SC throughout and didn't follow the pattern as far as the foundation chain or number of rows. I switched to 1 strand where the ruffle part starts in the pattern and am working the ruffle like Tina's instructions instead of the pattern. It is surprising how heavy it is going to be when finished, but It seems to be very sturdy, not stretchy at all! I am almost half done with the ruffle now (man, that part takes forEVER!!) As far as how much yarn I used, I had two 7 oz. skeins of SS that I used for the double strands, and it looks like I will probably have enough left to finish it, but I bought an extra 3 oz. skein just to be on the safe side. I am also using a wide satin ribbon to match the lining for the lace and bow part instead of the SS chain or however you are supposed to do it. Anyway, will post a pic as soon as I get the crochet part done!

Laurie:hook

Okay, I finally started mine, and it isn't looking right. I took it apart because it seems to be curling (maybe my chain is too tight?). Has anyone else had that at the start and it flattened out?

Me too. Mine seemed to start to straighten out once it got a little more length to it and then, like everyone has been saying, it straightens out when you sew it.

I finally finished mine last night except for the handles. The worst part for me was sewing in the lining and the fastener. I have to say, though, that I do not sew (except the odd button when I need to). But, I thought, "how hard can it be?". A lot harder than I thought. I had to re-do it a few times and I was using some very unlady-like language. But I finally did it and at least I learned a few things (mostly that I really need to learn how to sew). It looks pretty good. I'll post a picture once I get the handles on.

I'll be starting mine this weekend after I finish the stole I'm making. Hopefully anyway...I haven't received the pattern yet :( All I know is that I want to do it in a dark color...probably black. I just might bring out my sparkley black ping pong and see how that works ;)

I am giving the pattern a try, but in knit. I was looking on craftster and found another way to make the bag. I'm thinking of frogging what I did and doing it again:eek She knit the piece in sort of an H pattern, so when you sew the edges you have a shaped bottem. Has anyone given that a try? It doesn't matter if it is crochet or knit. It really gave the bag she made a nice look.

I am giving the pattern a try, but in knit. I was looking on craftster and found another way to make the bag. I'm thinking of frogging what I did and doing it again:eek She knit the piece in sort of an H pattern, so when you sew the edges you have a shaped bottem. Has anyone given that a try? It doesn't matter if it is crochet or knit. It really gave the bag she made a nice look.

Hey Donna, could you post a link?:yes

Hello Debi...I have a question for you:)

I really love the look of your bag with the LB Suede, so much that when I went out shopping yesterday I bought some of the LB Suede in Taupe. My daughter wants one done in the suede as well.

I was wondering if you used one strand or two of the suede? It seems like it would be stiff enough with one but I rather ask what you used before starting mine....can you give me the heads up....please:)

Archived