Fendi Knockoff Bag CAL--CLOSED--Please no requests for pattern

Mom w/a Motif

when I got home last night from work at 10:45pm my yarn was here. soooooooooo I stayed up till 3:00am and started my bag, I'm on row 28!! so far so good

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hee hee I see I'm not the only one who crochets in the wee hours of the night. Just last night I stayed up until midnight to finish a hat. :lol

when I got home last night from work at 10:45pm my yarn was here. soooooooooo I stayed up till 3:00am and started my bag, I'm on row 28!! so far so good

I just got home from work and I think I just mite stay up and finish this bag. I have finished row 5 and am now starting on the ruffle. It's looking good

I used a Red Heart yarn, doubled. I did not line the bag because it is plenty dense enough. Instead of purchasing handles, I used an old leather belt that was just taking up space in the closet. One side I stitched though the belt hole. The other side I blanket stitched around the buckly on the inside. I didn't want ribbon or a bow, so I used a button on the front.

nn7l39.jpg

Wow, this is beautiful. Love the color, and the idea of using the belt is just so smart. It gives this bag a wonderful look. Crocheters are so smart.:cheer

Patty in MI

I used a Red Heart yarn, doubled. I did not line the bag because it is plenty dense enough. Instead of purchasing handles, I used an old leather belt that was just taking up space in the closet. One side I stitched though the belt hole. The other side I blanket stitched around the buckly on the inside. I didn't want ribbon or a bow, so I used a button on the front.

nn7l39.jpg

Clearwaters- (Don't know your name, sorry!) :) Your bag looks great!! :clap I like the belt, too. Can you believe I still don't have any straps on mine, or a lining put in... Oh well. If I would just stop coming to Crochetville, seeing everyones' projects and wanting to make one, too, I might actually finish something... :P

Tina

well I finished my bag:clap but the ruffle seams to be to heavy:( I think I"m going to frogg it and do it the other way:scrachin I also think that I'm going to take off the lining put plastic canvas inside then sew the lining up to give more substance ( what do you guys think:idea) the yarn I used said worster weight, but I don't think so:shrug

the girl that made up this pattern hasn't been on craftster since dec. 15. I've been waiting since january 3rd for mine. i'm thinking maybe she gave up? don't know. but i'd think since she gave it out for free, why can't everyone else share. So if there are wonderfully sharing people out there, can anyone send me a copy...? ;)

LOL i was just going to ask the same thing, if someone would mind sending me a copy of the pattern, i keep coming to this CAL to look at all the beautiful bags...and i want one too!!..PM me if my email address is needed TY:c9

I gave up on the pattern shortly after everyone started posting pics (since I'd already been waiting on it for a while) and I've been secretly working on my own version of the bag. I've gotten the bag part done and now I'm working on the ribbing that goes around the neck of the bag. Then I have to buckle down and figure out how I'm gonna do the top and ruffle. (I have no idea what I'm going to do there.) Those ebay pics really helped me figure out how to do this. I'm very excited about this as I've always been such a strict pattern follower so this has been a little bit of a challenge for me. So far it hasn't been too hard to figure out. I hope to take a progress pic very soon. When I do, I'll share. :D

Lookin' good so far, Barb! :cheer

Gina, I can't wait to see what you have come up with. Did you see my post on how I did my ruffle? (It's on the first or second page, I think, of this thread.) It takes longer, but I like the way it looks better than what she originally had.

Yay, Theresa! Hey, at least you got it started. One row at a time, hey?

:cheer

Tina

Everyone's bag looks so great! I feel bad asking but I will anyway... can someone PM me the pattern?? I've got some white and gold yarn that are just yelling out to be a purse. Plus my LYS started carrying purse handles. Woo hoo! :cheer

Archived