Fendi Knockoff Bag CAL--CLOSED--Please no requests for pattern

Mom w/a Motif

Just a loving and friendly reminder::D

Please Do Not request this pattern! The moderators have brought this to my attention, with a friendly reminder about the copyright laws, and the trouble this would put Crochetville in. Crochetville is an awesome place, and I know that we would all agree with that. Lets not cause any problems for mods, or this forum, ok gals? If you have any concerns or need to know where you can find the pattern, please pm me or Tina (Mom w/a Motif).

Thanks for your understanding!!!! Y'all are a great bunch.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

That first one, fantissimo, looks very similar to the Fendi bag! Wow. Thanks for sharing that with us, TurquoizBlue. :) Must be a very popular knockoff, eh?

Tina

Here are a couple of Pictures of my almost finished bag! I haven't had my camera at home so I couldn't post till now. I still have the clasp to put on and I would really like to line it, but hate sewing! I am trying to talk my DD into doing that for me! The pics are clickable and on the closeups..the color looks like it may be variegated, but it isn't. I used the Lion Brand Suede in black. I'm not a great picture taker and these are the best I could do. Thanks for looking!

th_knockoff1.jpg

th_closeupknockoff2.jpg

th_closeupknockoff.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I send an e-mail this morning requesting the pattern. I will post and let everyone know if I receive it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed:lookoutIf I don't receive it - I'm certainly not in danger of starving from lack of projects!:devil

Pat

This CAL is closed. I do not think this woman is sending the pattern out any more, either. I think she just got overwhelmed with the emails.

Thanks~

Tina

• 5 weeks later...
That first one, fantissimo, looks very similar to the Fendi bag! Wow. Thanks for sharing that with us, TurquoizBlue. :) Must be a very popular knockoff, eh?

Tina

I was wondering if you can send me a copy of this pattern. I am not that good a crocheting and I would ask my friend to help me. :)

Looks like Berroco has done a couple of knock offs of the Fendi bag.

http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/fantissimo/fantissimo.html

http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/crystal/crystal.html

Thanks for the links to these! I may try one of these reather then try to email her, seeings as no one is haveing any luck lately.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's took me long enough to complete this bag, partially because I wasn't ready to tackle the edging. So it sat....until the other day, I decided to finish it for my daughter, so I could move on to making a sweater coat for gd or a different bag. I do want to make several bags for gifts, so guess I should start. Anyway the bag pics are on my blog.

I used black suede and a pale pink sparkle lining.

Just a loving and friendly reminder::D

Please Do Not request this pattern! The moderators have brought this to my attention, with a friendly reminder about the copyright laws, and the trouble this would put Crochetville in. Crochetville is an awesome place, and I know that we would all agree with that. Lets not cause any problems for mods, or this forum, ok gals? If you have any concerns or need to know where you can find the pattern, please pm me or Tina (Mom w/a Motif).

Thanks for your understanding!!!! Y'all are a great bunch.

Everyone, here again, is a friendly reminder about asking for this pattern. Also, I thought this CAL was closed and in the archived section, I don't know why it is down here again. :think

• 1 month later...

I have a question... Why was this CAL closed for copyright concerns if the bag in question is knitted? I think we would all agree that a garter stitch purse with a ruffle is a (VERY) simple pattern and easily replicated. (Way to go Fendi!) Any Newbie could easily replicate this by site. I may just be too new here to the forums, but it doesn't seem like it should be an issue to me. I am mostly asking this question for future reference in the event I form a (similar) CAL.

Fendi did not distribute a pattern, (I am assuming as that is not their schtick) So we aren't distributing a published pattern here. I though these rules were in effect to prevent scanning/copying/selling the pattern. From what I have read on this thread, the person who started this CAL was giving it away. So that was not the issue either!?!?!?!

It wasn't closed for copyright issues, I don't know where you got that. It is just closed because I am no longer hosting it, and it just kind of fizzled out. :)

Fendi did not make the pattern for this, it is a 'Knock-off'. Someone at Crafster made up a pattern and was giving it out, but is no longer answering emails, so the pattern is not being given out any longer.

Tina

I think one problem was that people were asking others to email them the pattern. That's a big no-no. :thumbdown

I had every intention of writing down my pattern since I was just winging it but I never finished the darn thing. I finished the bag part but I never decided on how to proceed on the top flap/ruffle. Needless to say, I will probably not ever finish that one but....

Last night I was browsing handbags and I discovered this pattern. Anyone interested in makeing this knockoff, especially if you have been waiting for the pattern for ages, should take a peak at the link. It's a nice surprise! :dance

• 9 months later...

Archived