Fendi Knockoff Bag CAL--CLOSED--Please no requests for pattern

Mom w/a Motif

I'm not really a ruffly pink purse kind of girl but I think I could be a black ruffly purse girl (oh no - do you think that's what people will call me?:lol )

You are too funny :lol If you want to be a black ruffly purse girl, then you go! Girl! ;)

Shelena- I am planning to knit it after I'm done crocheting it. I don't know what the 'rules' are for the board, if it were up to me you could knit it, but... :shrug

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Sadie- I think it is a typo, I think it's supposed to be (Row 58). I got confused when I was doing the ruffle foundation row, she says 'Continue SC on the outside of the purse. Crochet on SC on each peak and one SC in each valley of the ribbing rows (I think that's just to let us know when we get there, on the sides of the flap). *Turn at the third row of peak ribbing and SC along the peak rows.* ???' I just ignored all that, crocheted all around the flap, and the back of the flap, too (so you are crocheting in a square). I think the ruffle is supposed to go all the way around the flap. So... If anyone gets stuck... Here is a picture, I hope you can see it clearly enough (I hate my camera--either too much light or not enough...) Anyway..

th_c6b73ed3.jpg

See how the ruffle goes all the way around the flap? (The pic is clickable, too)

Thanks for all the tips Tina! They are really helpful. :hook

I had one question, though. I'm on row 45 and I noticed on the pattern at row 2-58 there is a note in brackets that says "...until last row (Row 38)". Is that a typo? I guess I'm a little confused because I'm doing 58 rows, right?

I also wanted to add in regards to the 'two strands' discussions, if it helps, I'm using a chunky weight and It seems perfect. I haven't found that I need to use two strands.

Lisa- You shouldn't be too intimidated by this, it's pretty easy up to the ruffle. Which is also pretty easy- if you ignore half of the directions, like I did. :lol If you get stuck, that's what we're all here for! We'll all help you. That's what a Crochet-A-Long is all about!! :manyheart

Tina

Lisa- You shouldn't be too intimidated by this, it's pretty easy up to the ruffle. Which is also pretty easy- if you ignore half of the directions, like I did. :lol If you get stuck, that's what we're all here for! We'll all help you. That's what a Crochet-A-Long is all about!! :manyheart

Tina

Allright Tina I'm dying to see more pics ;) I'm on my ruffle I'm doing as per your instructions to get the ribbed look.

Alisha did you see this post? I added pictures this morning. Does that help at all? :think

I am doing my ruffly differently, so it looks more like the knitted bag with the ribbed ruffle. Rachel, you might try this if you want.:)

For the ruffle, I am working up til row 5. After you finish row 5, Ch about 8. (Or longer??) Turn. Sc in the eight chains.

th_ddf6bc30.jpg

Sl st to the next sc on row 5.

th_542e41fc.jpg

Ch 1, turn. Sc (In Back loops only, throughout, for the ribbed look) in each sc.

th_7c8cac07.jpg

At the end, ch 1, turn. Sc all the way back (BLO), sl st to next sc on row 5. Does that sound clear? I hope so. I know it makes sense to me, but I'm doing it, so... ;) All the images should be clickable so you can see up close. Then, this is what it should look like when you get going after a while:

th_319e8111.jpg

Debi- It might look like I am done, but I'm not!! :lol I still haven't sewn in the lining, I just have it all pinned to the purse. I went ahead and started the ruffle anyway. *Someone* took my black thread- so until I find it, or buy some new thread.... I won't be able to finish this purse...

Tina

And here's a picture of the progress today:

th_524ebd6b.jpg

Sorry that last picture is so bad, I've redone it five times and it still comes out looking like that when you click it. :think

My thirteen year old located my black thread, too, so I'll be able to sew in the lining soon. :D

Tina

Wow Tina! Your bag looks awesome!! Thanks for the instructions for your ruffle. I am totally winging the rest of the bag, but your ruffle will be perfect!! Got my lining material today too...it is gonna be lined in a pale silverly pink satin...

Laurie:hook

Oooo.. that sounds pretty already, Laurie! What color is the bag going to be? After I am done crocheting this one, I want to knit one in sage green. Then light blue, then.. :D

Tina

Mine is heather gray with the silvery pink lining...I am totally not following the pattern...Mine is done in regular single crochet for the body, not back post SC, so it is going to be smoother/flatter looking than the pattern and will probably be bigger than the pattern as well...I am one of those people who has to carry everything but the kitchen sink in my purse, so I wanted mine a little bigger...Will post a pic as soon as mine starts to look like something and as soon as I can drag DH away from his train layout...I have major construction going on just behind me!:lol:lol

Laurie:hook

I'm still waiting for a trip to find the yarn I want. Hopefully I'll be able to get that this weekend. Mine will be pink in some fom but I'm not exactly sure of the exact color I want. So it's off to the yarn store for me. This might be dangerous, as the lat time I went without knowing exactly what I wanted, I walked out with about 10 skeins that I didn't need but had to have. Wish me Luck!

Ok...I have what I think is a really good question???

I sent in my request for the pattern...haven't heard back yet.

But I thought that the designer was sending the pattern for knitting this bag.

Am I wrong? If not, then where do we get the crocheted version from?:think :think

I might have missed something in the post on the other forum.

I dont mind which pattern I would get as I would like to try both versions.

You gals are making me crazy with all the loverly bags that you are making, they all look so scrumptious as everyone is doing so well on them:cheer

Now I just want....no change that to I HAVE to have this pattern:D

and I have to have it now:lol

I am sooo impatient aren't I!

I too asked the designer for a copy of this cute pattern, no answer so far:( . I was hoping to get it before tomorrow afternoon because I wanted to take it with me to work on while on vacation. Oh well, I guess I'll have to move on to a different project for now

Kathy

Well I am almost done, gals... With the crocheted version. I still haven't sewn in the lining or sewn up the sides, though. But, here's a picture anyway:

th_6a3304b9.jpg

What do you all think? :think (Image is clickable and seems to be working for once...)

Tina

Well I am almost done, gals... With the crocheted version. I still haven't sewn in the lining or sewn up the sides, though. But, here's a picture anyway:

th_6a3304b9.jpg

What do you all think? :think (Image is clickable and seems to be working for once...)

Tina

It's a Fendi!!!! Beautiful!

Okay now, inquiring minds. What kind of straps? How will you attach the straps? How are you attaching the sides together?

I'm on row 40!!!!

Archived