Fendi Knockoff Bag CAL--CLOSED--Please no requests for pattern

Mom w/a Motif

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case you can't get into Craftster for some reason, here is a copy of the girl's post with her email address to request the pattern:

Pattern is complete. I included lots of pics so it's to image heavy to put on here. I'm not charging for this pattern since technically it's not my design but if you want a copy I will have to email it in Word format. grin.gif

My email addy is surfingmonkeyguy@hotmail.com

I want in on this one too! Absolutely darling purse!

Laurie:hook

I've put in my request for the pattern, I think I may just join this CAL. I'd like to make this for my daughter's birthday prezzie, it is an adorable purse! :cheer

Whatever yarn I choose to use, I know it will be a dark purple, as that's her favorite color. :hook

this is going to be great fun:applause How many skiens of yarn do you need:shrug

I'd like to know that myself! The pattern doesn't say. I have 2 skeins of Suede, so I hope that's enough.:)

I have a Dr's appt. today, so since I have to go that far anyway, I might as well go to Michaels.:danceI think I'm going to check out their purse handle section. And I might want to look at yarn. Just look.:devil

I am not sure, it doesn't say does it? I am using two 8 oz. skeins of Bernat, and am almost to the flap part. So... :shrug I guess we will have to wait and see. Hopefully not more than 16 oz, that's all I have and you know how it is trying to find the same dye lot (and now we're in a different state, they don't even have Meijers here I don't think...)

Tina

How many skiens of yarn do you need:shrug

just ordered the croc handles:devil now to order the yarn:hook

Did you order the one's from Maggies Crochet? I couldn't figure out how long they are.:think

Did you order the one's from Maggies Crochet? I couldn't figure out how long they are.:think

yes the croc. ones are 27" and the soild ones are 13"

I got the longer ones:) I also got 2 pairs, that way I just mite get a bag:yay

O.K. bidding on yarn on e-bay:devil

I found some more handles in different colors and sizes here:

http://www.joggles.com/store/catalog/index.php?cPath=356_358_456

They also have some really cute buttons and the charms that I think you guys were talking about if you look under the beads and charms section. I want to order a dark brown leather handle, but can't decide how long it should be..... I think I may have to finish the purse and see, it could be really cute just carried at the elbow, but then I have 2 kids and that's a pain in the ass.... Oh well, whatever. I need to go paint my bedroom now, my furniture is coming on Monday (I didn't leave that 'till the last minute, now did I?)!!

This is my first CAL too! It's fun!!

I just started my bag this morning on the bus and I'm using some Bernat Softee Chunky (black) that I had. Even though it's a chunky weight it seems to be working really nice.

Is anyone going to line their bag? I'm trying to decide if I need to.:think

I'm on rw 55 I'm using an off white color of woolease worsted weight which is too thin and it's making the bag limp :( I figured next time I'll use 2 strands held together and I love the handles yall are talking about but for this one I may just make it a clutch.

It does say to use two strands held together, but if you used a chunky yarn that would work too. I think I might line mine. I need to get some fabric first though. I am finished with the flap part of mine. I had to take a break to play house and wash the dishes (how come it's no fun in real life?) :)

Thanks for that link kad2mgd! I'll go check it out now...

Tina

I just started mine this afternoon too, and am making good progress...However, I am redesigning the pattern to hopefully make mine look more like the original without knitting it. I also ordered croc handles from joggles.com...hopefully they will be here soon! I am doing my prototype in Simply Soft grey heather which is what I had on hand. I plan to make one for myself in wool of some sort. Will post a pic when I get my prototype done!

You guys are off to such a great start!!!!:clap

I'm trying to finish a shawl before I tackle this purse. I had a Dr's appt. today, so I stopped in JoAnn's and Micheals.:blush Couldn't help myself! Anyways, I did get some leather purse straps for my Fendi bag, and a glass bead medallion.

Question: Since Suede is thicker than worsted weight, can I use 1 strand, or should I use 2?

I'm still waiting on the pattern....I requested it a few days ago. Guess it is going to take a while? I'm sure now with everyone doing this CAL she's been swamped, lol! It is a really cute purse and I can't believe it is $400 (marked down from 800)!! What were the original materials, rare Syberian goat leather or something? ;)

Archived