Fendi Knockoff Bag CAL--CLOSED--Please no requests for pattern

Mom w/a Motif

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Debi, I think one strand would be fine, too it works up thicker than the regular worsted weight. I guess you could try it and see. I would think two would be way too thick, though. ;)

Lucki721, I think you are right about the rare Syberian goat leather! :lol

Tina

I am putting the lining in mine before I sew up the side seams. It seemed like it would be easier.

th_1d94c5b9.jpg

I know, red purse with black lining? But, it's all I have and I want to do a black strap anyway, so it will work for me... :)

Image is clickable (kind of blurry I don't know why, but...)

Tina

I am going to sew in the lining. Then I'll sew up the side seams. This is the part I don't like, :( but at least I'll get it out of the way now...

Thanks Tina! For some reason that just didn't occur to me. Are you hand stitching the lining as you stitch the sides, or before? (does that even make sense?)

I just found this site with pics of the "real McCoy" from all different angles including the back, sides and how it is lined...Definitely a big help in doing mine like I want to do it! I am definitely going to work it up in *gasp* knit too! It looks very simple! I love this bag!

Laurie:hook

I just found this site with pics of the "real McCoy" from all different angles including the back, sides and how it is lined...Definitely a big help in doing mine like I want to do it! I am definitely going to work it up in *gasp* knit too! It looks very simple! I love this bag!

Where's the link ;)

I'm on the ruffle part now I did it a little diff on Rw 2 I did 2 sc around just the flap part.

Yeah, where's the link girl? I'm thinking I'm gonna knit this rather than crochet but maybe if I saw the other angles, I could make the changes to the crochet pattern that I wanted. I'm thinking Cotton Ease.

When it says to use '2 strands together' what exactly does that mean? I know it's a stupid question but please remember I'm a newbie.... :P

Lisa

Instead of using 1 ball of yarn use 2 but you crochet the same way you're just gonna have double thickness understand. You're just making your yarn thicker :)

I am on the ruffle, too. I'm doing it my way, though. So it looks more like the original. Here's what I got so far:

th_01f79f4a.jpg

Getting closer! :cheer I don't know what is up with that picture I'll take a better one later...

Tina

Duh...sorry ladies! I forgot to paste the link!! Here ya go!

http://www.styledrops.com/handbags-10717.html

Um, okay - is it just me, or is it impossible to actually SEE any detail on the bag at that link? It's just a big black blob on my screen... :(

I am on the ruffle, too. I'm doing it my way, though. So it looks more like the original. Here's what I got so far:

th_01f79f4a.jpg

Getting closer! :cheer I don't know what is up with that picture I'll take a better one later...

Tina

I just frogged what I had done on the ruffle and was gonna do that too so that it looks ribbed.

:lol Goldi I thought that too it would sure help if it weren't black ;)

I was wondering if anyone had seen Carol Duvall the other day....I cant remember which day this episode appeared but anyways, she had a really cute knit purse demo on her show.

Its not nearly as cute as the Fendi one but it might be an idea for another CAL.

Here is the link to the pic and pattern...I hope this works:)

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_needlework_knitting/article/0,1789,HGTV_3263_4026487,00.html

I requested the pattern as well and would love to join in on this CAL as soon as I get the pattern.

By the looks of the number of request received, it may take a bit to get it and so many of you gals are so far ahead of me.

I do have a question....??? Is most everyone converting the pattern to crochet? Are we able to knit this bag too for the CAL?

Thanks for the link, Sunshine. That definitely helps a lot. I wondered what the back of the ruffle looked like and also how it looked open. After seeing those pictures, I think I may have to modify that pattern a little . . .:think

Now I'm rethinking my color scheme because I really like the black outside & pink lining. I was planning the opposite, but I'm not really a ruffly pink purse kind of girl but I think I could be a black ruffly purse girl (oh no - do you think that's what people will call me?:lol )

Sorry some of you can't see the detail of the pics...hmmm, I can see it pretty well, but could see it better if it was a different color! Also, if you are not clicking on the thumbnails on the right, do that...it changes the big pic in the center to the whatever thumbnail you choose.

Shelena - Thanks for the link for the purse on Carol Duval! That is really cute! I picked up some bamboo bangle handles a while back on sale and was just waiting for the perfect pattern to come along. I have some ideas to modify the pattern just a bit...gonna have to get my "sticks" out!

Laurie

th_01f79f4a.jpg

Tina

Wow Tina! You're almost done, and I haven't even started! You go girl!!!

Can you give an explaination of how you're doing the ruffle, so that when I get there, I'll know what I'm doing?

I think I'd like to knit this bag after crocheting it, too. I don't know how to attach that ruffle, though. Maybe I'll knit the ruffle and crochet it on the purse. The 2 strands of Rowan cotton are working up great, the bag should hold its shape really well as it's so stiff, it almost looks like the knitted bag!

rachel

I am doing my ruffly differently, so it looks more like the knitted bag with the ribbed ruffle. Rachel, you might try this if you want.:)

For the ruffle, I am working up til row 5. After you finish row 5, Ch about 8. (Or longer??) Turn. Sc in the eight chains.

[/url]th_319e8111.jpg

Debi- It might look like I am done, but I'm not!! :lol I still haven't sewn in the lining, I just have it all pinned to the purse. I went ahead and started the ruffle anyway. *Someone* took my black thread- so until I find it, or buy some new thread.... I won't be able to finish this purse...

Tina

I am doing my ruffly differently, so it looks more like the knitted bag with the ribbed ruffle. Rachel, you might try this if you want.:)

For the ruffle, I am working up til row 5. After you finish row 5, Ch about 8. (Or longer??) Turn. Sc in the eight chains. Sl st to the next sc on row 5. Ch 1, turn. Sc (In Back loops only, throughout, for the ribbed look) in each sc. At the end, ch 1, turn. Sc all the way back (BLO), sl st to next sc on row 5. Does that sound clear? I hope so. I know it makes sense to me, but I'm doing it, so... ;) I'll try to take a clearer picture today.

Debi- It might look like I am done, but I'm not!! :lol I still haven't sewn in the lining, I just have it all pinned to the purse. I went ahead and started the ruffle anyway. *Someone* took my black thread- so until I find it, or buy some new thread.... I won't be able to finish this purse...

Tina

Thanks for all the tips Tina! They are really helpful. :hook

I had one question, though. I'm on row 45 and I noticed on the pattern at row 2-58 there is a note in brackets that says "...until last row (Row 38)". Is that a typo? I guess I'm a little confused because I'm doing 58 rows, right?

I also wanted to add in regards to the 'two strands' discussions, if it helps, I'm using a chunky weight and It seems perfect. I haven't found that I need to use two strands.

Archived