Lavender Afghan

shella85222

This pattern is called Chris Simon’s Birthday Flower Pattern- 12 in square.

http://www.geocities.com/cdjsimon/birthday_flower.html

This was a fun pattern to work with. It went pretty fast and it is so pretty when worked up and put together.

I was so busy making stuff for everyone else I hadn’t made anything for me. So this is going to be my present to me. I started it right after Christmas. Actually I had my Grandmother in mind when I made it. She passed a way from Breast Cancer and lavender was always her favorite color. Even though she is gone it is hard not to remember her.

I hope you all like it.

123712944.jpg

123712941.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone. I am really glad you like it. I made several of the squares before I had the colors the way I wanted it. At first I was going to do it all in solid lavender. But it just didnt look right. So I ended up with this. It's new home is on the back of my sofa. It looks pretty nice if I may say so.

Hi Sheila, it is me again. I have a question for you. What is the variegated yarn that you used on your squares? I love the colors.

Hello Rosemary,

I am so glad you liked it and interested in making one like it. It was a lot of fun to work up.

I used all Red Heart yarn. I like the touch and feel of the Red Heart yarn. The colors I used were-

0358 Lavender, The variegated one is 0318 Watercolor, and also 0316 Soft White.

I listed the link to the pattern in my first post. If you have anymore questions just let me know and I would be glad to help you.

Big hugs to you, Shella, for answering my question. I have been practising today with plain yarn, just to learn the square. My practise ones may be sent to Crafting for A Cause if they turn out ok. :lol

If all goes well, I will get the proper yarn this week for the real thing. I am only on round four of the practise square , we shall see.

Hugs to you.

Big hugs to you, Shella, for answering my question. I have been practising today with plain yarn, just to learn the square. My practise ones may be sent to Crafting for A Cause if they turn out ok. :lol

If all goes well, I will get the proper yarn this week for the real thing. I am only on round four of the practise square , we shall see.

Hugs to you.

Be sure and let me know how it turns out. If you can send me a picture of it. I would love to see the colors you use and how it looks.

Archived