Lavender Afghan

shella85222

Shella, When I get my yarn and have a few squares made, I will certainly show a photo. It took me all day to make one square out of leftover yarn I had. It looks ok, and I guess that I will get better at it as I make more. I have never made a full afghan, only some little squares.

I hope to get the yarn towards the end of the week.

Thanks again.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is such a beautiful afghan. The colors are so pretty together. I too love the way that depending on how you change colors will determine what the finished square looks like. I'm sure your grandmother would have loved this dearly, Shella.

:manyheart

Shella, When I get my yarn and have a few squares made, I will certainly show a photo. It took me all day to make one square out of leftover yarn I had. It looks ok, and I guess that I will get better at it as I make more. I have never made a full afghan, only some little squares.

I hope to get the yarn towards the end of the week.

Thanks again.

Rosemary,

I am sure once you get used to the pattern it will go a lot better. I was never the one that would do just the squares. It seemed it would take me longer. But for some reason here lately I have been enjoying them.

Shella, thank you for the encouragement. I am doing my second practice one today.

I wanted to ask you if you crochet your squares together into the afghan or sew them?

Hugs to you.

Shella, thank you for the encouragement. I am doing my second practice one today.

I wanted to ask you if you crochet your squares together into the afghan or sew them?

Hugs to you.

I sewed them all together by hand.

That is just gorgeous! My absolute favorite colors! I am going to copy you and make one like that for me! I have that pattern and just love it in those colors! Thanks for sharing!

Lynn

Today, I went to buy yarn to make this afghan. It is hard to find Red Heart near by, and my local store only had a few colors of each ball; not enough to make one like Shella's colors, which I love. (I live in Toronto). So, I decided to do a sunflower afghan, like one of the squares shown on the link Shella posted. I bought a medium sage green, butter yellow and brown for the center of each sunflower.

I am hoping to make an afghan in Shella's colors when I can find the proper colors.

Rosemary,

That sounds really pretty. Post a picture of it when you are finished. I would love to see it!

Lynn

That is just gorgeous! My absolute favorite colors! I am going to copy you and make one like that for me! I have that pattern and just love it in those colors! Thanks for sharing!

Lynn

I am really glad you liked it. When you make yours be sure and send me a picture.:hook

I think your colors will be just lovely. I can't wait to see it when you are all done.

Today, I went to buy yarn to make this afghan. It is hard to find Red Heart near by, and my local store only had a few colors of each ball; not enough to make one like Shella's colors, which I love. (I live in Toronto). So, I decided to do a sunflower afghan, like one of the squares shown on the link Shella posted. I bought a medium sage green, butter yellow and brown for the center of each sunflower.

I am hoping to make an afghan in Shella's colors when I can find the proper colors.

I think your colors will be just lovely. I can't wait to see it when you are all done.

Thank you, Shella. I did the first square tonight. I kept making mistakes because I was watching TV and not paying attention. LOL Anyway, the first square looks fine with the colors I chose. It will take me a while to complete, but when I do, I will post the photos.

Hugs.

Archived