Hi!

LinQ

Hi, very new to all of this. I had learned a chain stitch when I was very little but that was about as far as I got. I have been knitting since this summer ('05) and I love it. I recently saw something I wanted to crochet so I picked it up & a book. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking crochet is easy! Knitting is WAY easier. Hats off to everyone here!

Thanks, everyone! I like it already! Everyone is super nice & I really appreciate all the help.:manyheart

Hi and welcome :hi:welcome from Louisiana. I have found that most people I meet either think whichever they learned first was the easiest to do. I enjoy both but since I learned crochet at a young age, I am better at it and much faster. I only know the basics of knitting so far but am trying to teach myself more. :hook

That's funny, I thought crocheting was easier...only because I'm not brave enough to try knitting!! Probably whats easiest is what you learned first! I love the softness and intricacy that you can get with knitted clothing. Hello, and welcome, from New Mexico!:manyheart

Welcome LinQ! I haven't had the patience to learn to knit yet...I tried to teach myself but it seemed so slow!...will have to learn eventually ;)

Enjoy Crochetville :hook

~K

Greetings from North Dakota!

C'mon! You can learn to crochet! You'll get lots of encouragement and advice here. I used to knit when I was a kid and learned to crochet when I was an adult. I really love crocheting, and I know you'll be "hooked" before you know it.

Welcome to Crochetville! :hook

Archived