Pillow in Progress

LolitaChase

I'm making two mario pillows for my friends for christmas. i made a graph by taking a screenshot from a website and enlarged it so the pixels were easy to see then took a sharpie and drew a grid over it. 2 double stitches = one pixel.

the back might be just a sky blue backgound with the red border. my brother suggested i have super mario bros. 3 on the back. That'll probably be determined by how much time i have.

the front side of the first.

IM001075.jpg

the messy back

th_IM001076.jpg

close up:

IM001077.jpg

its not actually going to be a pillow, but a pillow case.

the second pillow might be

bittt.jpg

or this

bitt.jpg

i'm leaning towards the mushroom because its more iconic, but the "?" box i think would be easier. Opinions please

I'm making two mario pillows for my friends for christmas. i made a graph by taking a screenshot from a website and enlarged it so the pixels were easy to see then took a sharpie and drew a grid over it. 2 double stitches = one pixel.

For future reference and for those who are not nearly as talented as you, here is a graphing website that I got from someone else here at Crochetville!

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

How cool! :D Do you think it would be easier to carry your yarn rather than have to deal with the loose ends? I can see if it were a pillow and would be stuffed so no one would see the inside but as a pillow case are you going to try and weave all those ends? I guess if it's going to be one of those zippered covers you wouldn't need to bother.

i was planning on some sort of carrying technique but then it didnt translate from my head to my hook. I plan on trimming them. the pillowcase might be closed with buttons or i might just sew it in. Actually this wasnt going to be a pillow but an afghan square but i realized i dont have the time before christmas (i have a lot more projects to complete) and i knew weaving in the ends would put me over the edge.:bang

that link will be handy. i hope it translates to crocheting more than knitting.

Your pillow is fantastic! I am a Super Mario Bros freak and think that the mushroom is the way to go! It definately is something that comes to mind, much more so than the box with the question mark... GOOD LUCK! Can't wait to see the finished project! (Ugh! Those loose ends would be giving me nightmares!)

Too Cute! :tup I agree with the previous posts - I like the mushroom better than the question box. And thanks to sewmom for the link....will be fun to play with!

Kelle

Looks great! I have always wanted to do something from a graph but haven't gotten the courage yet. Would weaving in the loose ends as you go be easier?

Lynn

• 4 years later...

the back might be just a sky blue backgound with the red border. my brother suggested i have super mario bros. 3 on the back. That'll probably be determined by how much time i have.

the front side of the first.

IM001075.jpg

the messy back

th_IM001076.jpg

close up:

IM001077.jpg

its not actually going to be a pillow, but a pillow case.

the second pillow might be

bittt.jpg

or this

bitt.jpg

i'm leaning towards the mushroom because its more iconic, but the "?" box i think would be easier. Opinions please

Go for the "?" because I think that's more iconic.

Archived