Colorful Dog Sweater

hook_and_hype

This weekend I crocheted my first dogsweater. Since our dog has problems with his back and the vet suggested he should be kept warm. (It's terribly cold lately here in germany). Well so far doggie is happy with it, but I hope the other dogs won't laugh at him. :eek

I did it without any particular pattern.

Update: My dog sweater pattern (tutorial) is online now.

Greetings

Jomo

oh thats nice! so cute!

a doggy sweater is on the making list here :lol

me too . I think its very cute so is the dog. I need to make one for our jack russel but got to find time first

I don't know what sort of dog sweaters they sell in Germany, but here in the USA they all seem to look alike in the same old boring patterns.

Your sweater is so unique and original in such beautiful and cheerful colors. Will you make him another one, for when one is in the wash?

Thank you so much for your response! :yay I even got two comments on my blog. Juhu! :hug (Lately I thought that function may be broken because nobody commented there recently)

@Barbara: I think I'll crochet a second one, as soon as I find time and my fingers have relaxed (They still hurt a little, because I crocheted so fast I could to get this one finished asap.)

@dogymom: I didn't use a readymade pattern, it's my own "design" so to speak. Or did you mean the stitches itself? Just hdc, some cluster stiches and this dc stitch (around the dc one round lower, either backwards or on the front side... mmmpf, don't know what it's called in english, :think "Reliefstäbchen" is the german term)

Hugs

Jomo

@dogymom: I didn't use a readymade pattern, it's my own "design" so to speak. Or did you mean the stitches itself? Just hdc, some cluster stiches and this dc stitch (around the dc one round lower, either backwards or on the front side... mmmpf, don't know what it's called in english, :think "Reliefstäbchen" is the german term)

Hugs

Jomo

You should write up your "own design"!:yes I would make it! It's so sweet!

Archived