Hello from the Smokies

NimbleFingers

I came upon this site while looking for a baby pattern and had to join. :waving My name is Kate (NimbleFingers), and I live in the BEAUTIFUL Smoky Mtns of North Carolina where it's a comfortable 61 degrees & sunny today. The aroma of burning wood (from fireplaces, etc) and leaves on the ground is heavenly. :autumnI love the fall with all its colors, sights, and smells. It means that Thanksgiving is only around the corner, and Christmas is not far off. I've been busy :whewcrocheting for various charities and my neighbor, who is 5 months pregnant. Right now, I'm making a hooded blanket/towel with Sugar'n Cream. I love to crochet, knit, make jewelry, and bead. My Grandmother & Auntie Mom taught me to crochet; my hubby taught me to knit; and am self-taught in jewelry making & beading. Well, I must get back on to hooking....look forward to making new friends and learning here. Hope that everyone has a good weekend.

Hello, Kate. Welcome. I loved your description of autumn in the Smoky Mountains. We have similar delights here: colourful leaves swirling about, early morning mist, and so forth. I also love watching wild wintery waves smash into the shore. What a great time of year! (Cooler here, though: 46 F.) Just perfect for crocheting in front of the fireplace in the evenings.

I envy your experience and expertise in the crafts you've mentioned - especially crochet. I hope you'll post some photos of your work so we can all take a look.

Welcome! It's great to have you here. I was reading your message on how it was beautiful weather in your area, it's so rainy and windy here that it made me feel a little better. It was almost like I could feel your sunshine:)

Archived