Filet Crochet Shawl (Yes, THAT one!)

Hooker

filetshawl.jpg

Kathy (Katchkan) was nice enough to let me be a tester for her pattern. I'm on row 57 or so and it's starting to slow down as the rows get longer. I'm trying my darndest to get this finished by next week (at least the body of it) so I can move on to other Christmas gifts. It's being made with a Crystal thread in Cornsilk color. It has a smidge of shimmer in it. I got light gold beads for the trim and just need to find some teardrop beads by the time I get to that part.

For those of you considering thread and/or filet I say go for it! This was not only my first thread project, but my first filet project (and it will probably be my first beaded project). You can do it, it's not hard at all. It looks complicated and I was sure I bit off more than I could chew, but a few rows into the pattern and it all "clicked" (I have to do things to figure it out). It's getting to the point where it takes me roughly 20 minutes or so per row. At least some of it is repetitive so I don't need to look at the pattern for placement as often.

Kathy's directions are extremely clear and easy to follow. I just hope she can "talk" me through the beaded part. We'll see when I get there! LOL

That is turning out WONDERFUL! And it's good to know that it's not too hard of a project to do. I sooo want to make one of these! I can hardly wait to see it finished, as well as Mary's too.

Gorgeous! :yay

Archived