Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS

judianne

My 8" dolls have been on back order since mid December and they arrived today!!!  I was afraid they might not even come back into stock.:elle I found a school supply store and got some there but the price was considerably higher.  Much happier to have these back in stock and a decent supply for a while.

• Like 2

Hey Juddianne how are you making out with the storm?  Don't see much on the weather channel, unless you are in NY and very North Jersey.  Looking at the map, you may get hit.  Hope you have enough food and yarn for a couple of days.  I see they are calling it a Nor'easter.  

Anyone in that area take care.  We are thinking about you.

If I remember February was always the month of snow.

Have a good and warm day.

1 hour ago, Bailey4 said:

I live in New England, I know its going to snow, but couldn't it wait just one day.  I'm not asking for too much but I've been waiting since Nov for a tree appointment and now who knows maybe July?

Baily4: Holy Moly! Any clue why such a long wait or is it all weather related? I need a Joshua Tree trimmed in my back yard, but I'm waiting till March when I trim my rose bushes. My SIL trims all my hedges for me. He's such a great guy.

Mary Jo: Funny you mentioned snow in February. Years ago, when I lived in Pacific Grove, Calif, February and September were the best months for the beach, surfing, snorkeling. I don't know how the weather is there now since it's changed so drastically since then. Here in the high desert, February is rainy season, borrowing the draught of course.

Edited by ReniC
eta

Combination of COVID and available workers and weather.  We've had a number of problematic storms for trees and they are triaging the work that they do.  It took us forever just to get an appointment to get them to come out and price the job.  Then we weren't considered a high priority job so we've been on a fill in list for when they have room from bigger jobs.  From what I've been hearing around here we aren't unusual.  It's just annoying.  Over the summer this same company did an amazing job trimming back our trees and bushes which is why I want them to do this work.  I trust them to do no harm.  It was just frustrating because if this storm was tomorrow we'd be done.  It will take a couple of hours but they can do it and be done in an afternoon.

29 minutes ago, Bailey4 said:

Combination of COVID and available workers and weather.  We've had a number of problematic storms for trees and they are triaging the work that they do.  It took us forever just to get an appointment to get them to come out and price the job.  Then we weren't considered a high priority job so we've been on a fill in list for when they have room from bigger jobs.  From what I've been hearing around here we aren't unusual.  It's just annoying.  Over the summer this same company did an amazing job trimming back our trees and bushes which is why I want them to do this work.  I trust them to do no harm.  It was just frustrating because if this storm was tomorrow we'd be done.  It will take a couple of hours but they can do it and be done in an afternoon.

I sure hope it gets done sooner than later for you. Stay warm and safe.

Hi, peeps...here are a couple of pics from our nor'easter. We're good with food...just always pray the power stays on. So far so good. We have well over a foot ...morning pic and late afternoon pics...and our fantastic neighbor used his snowblower on our property! Omg...so unexpected  and so appreciated... can't get my one pic to be right side up. Maybe the upgrade?

20210201_071048.jpg

20210201_153042.jpg

• Like 1

Ok let me get this out of my way.   

WAY COOL.

I hope you get to keep the power.  That is not cool.

How much are you suppose to end up with?  Everyone says different amounts.  They also say it will last a couple of days.  Let's hope not. 

Keep warm.  Now is the time to work on an afghan. :rofl

Hi peeps.

Bailey, adorable work as always!  Love the valentine  placemat/hot pad, in particular.

Our power stayed on...yay! We got maybe just under 2 feet. Poor Lucy...and me...kept sinking into it and she had a really hard time pulling her leg out.  Glad we played in the stuff before the worst arrived. As of this morning  we were still sinking into the stuff in the backyard. Brine treated streets meant that the roads were easily accessible the day after the snow, just that we couldn't get out of our driveway...lol. 4 feet of piled up snow will do that. We were so blessed though, our neighbor came over 2 days in a row with his snowblower. Today was the first day in about a week that we got Lucy out for a ride.

Chance of more snow into Sunday...all we need is another 40 plus degree day and more sun tomorrow and we'll be ready if it happens.

Meanwhile Winnie the pooh has the top of his head and one ear left to complete ...maybe 3 hours of work...before I can get away from my desk with the rest of it.

And I have another baby blanket commissioned. Girly colors in the lattice pattern from Attic24.  I'm on a roll😂

• Like 2

Approximately 36 inches square...needs a wash but first a bazillion ends have to be woven in. I added the heart...Hobby Lobby, I Love This Yarn. 

Will make a red beanie...

20210209_075415.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, judianne said:

Approximately 36 inches square...needs a wash but first a bazillion ends have to be woven in. I added the heart...Hobby Lobby, I Love This Yarn. 

Will make a red beanie...

OMGosh- He's so cute! Nice work.

• judianne changed the title to Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS