Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS

judianne

Hi, peeps!

Another new year,  so we will be posting on here for 2021. 

Anyone from crochetville who wants to share ideas/pictures of gifts they're making, or even just thinking of making, is more than welcome to join us.

Let's get those hooks smoking!

Edited by judianne
Closing thread

I finished christening blanket number three and they're all washed and waiting for little crosses to be embroidered on them.

I'm back at working on a giant granny square throw using scraps. Inspired by the Patchwork Heart I started changing colors after every round - too busy, so now I'm making 2 rounds of each color, to include the neutral I'm using with the blues I plucked from stash.

I also picked up some marled look bluish gray/white I was gifted and am making a simple scarf, using a K hook and the yarn looks so pretty!

Happy hooking my friends!

I just jumped in also. Now if I can remember to check. 2020 is out the window and in the dumpster for me. 2021 will have more hope and optimism.

I already posted that I started a "Mosaic Granny Blanket" then, remembered I may want to do the "As Time Goes By Blanket" instead. I'll decide after I make the swatch for the latter. Oh, and if I can find enough yarn in RHSS Real Teal, an afghan for my oldest GD's birthday.

Of course, I need to replenish my potholder box for impromptu gifts. It's looks pretty sorry for being so empty. Then, maybe a softie toy for each GG-child for Easter. That should keep me busy for awhile if I don't poop out and loose my CroJo again.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 11:54 AM, Tampa Doll said:

How about a giggle for the new year?  Well, here it is.

2021.jpg

😂Oh Yea! That's me. I'm afraid just to go to the doctor's office let alone the store. Last week I had to stop off at the hospital records dept for a set of x-rays and couldn't get out of there fast enough. I don't think I've moved that fast in years.

Edited by ReniC
  • Haha 2

My first gift for 2021 is going to be a blanket for my SIL's Granddaughter that is due in Feb.  MY BIL does my taxes so I am hoping to have this done when I take my stuff over to be filled out.  I will two more baby blankets to make for one in Feb and one in July. 

• Like 2

I'm splitting the start of the year between getting the doll donation started and the holiday boxes I send out to a relative's 2 little one's.  I'm working on play breakfast food to go in the Valentine's box.  With kids being stuck at home having creative play stuff is important.  I have a couple of new holiday themed patterns I need to download that are kid appropriate heart themed.

Edited by Bailey4
  • Like 1

I was asked to make scarves for my 3 nieces and when I was choosing colors, OF COURSE my daughter chose for hers 🙂 because she wants one, too.

I started working on the first scarf. I'm glad they are smaller than the adult ones.   

20210104_103853.thumb.jpg.3165e7ec1ab48722e6448b9fb6da7412.jpg

But while I was working on the scarf, I found a pattern for gingerbread dolls and I just HAD TO "bake" some gingerbread for Christmas 2021 :crocheting

20210103_204010.thumb.jpg.4efd09b83b42b04d56f5fe1e51bb7579.jpg

The pattern is free (knitting)

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mini-gingerbread-friends

Edited by Apak
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Apak said:

I was asked to make scarves for my 3 nieces and when I was choosing colors, OF COURSE my daughter chose for hers 🙂 because she wants one, too.

I started working on the first scarf. I'm glad they are smaller than the adult ones.   

20210104_103853.thumb.jpg.3165e7ec1ab48722e6448b9fb6da7412.jpg

But while I was working on the scarf, I found a pattern for gingerbread dolls and I just HAD TO "bake" some gingerbread for Christmas 2021 :crocheting

20210103_204010.thumb.jpg.4efd09b83b42b04d56f5fe1e51bb7579.jpg

The pattern is free (knitting)

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mini-gingerbread-friends

The scarf is beautiful and I love the colors.  The gingerbread people are so cute.  I do love looking at your projects.

• Like 1

I was blessed with unique yarn from a lady here in CV and look at this cowl I made! Again,  not enough yarn in the same color for a scarf...and I have to say I really like making cowls. 

Just a sc, ch 1, sc and the yarn did the work.

20210105_084444.jpg

Edited by judianne
Duplicate
  • Like 2

Here's what the christening blankets look like when I'm ready to drop them off at church, after being washed and adding the crosses to them. This one was made by my 97 yo friend.

20210106_090252.jpg

• Like 3

They are beautiful. Age of your crocheting friend is amazing.

Do you give the blankets to the church and then they are gifted to all christened children?

Anna: The scarves will be beautiful and the ginger's are very cute.

Judy:  Your scarf is great. I love the Moss stitch. It's one of my favorites. 

I've decided to stick with the Mosaic Granny. The As Time Goes By blanket has a fidget in the stitches that make it difficult to get in the front loop only unless one crochets very loosely. I don't have the patience to fidget. LOL I had to frog 2 rounds, 2 different times because of a stitch I left out. Bad part is, it was in the same, exact spot as the first time. All remedied now though.

1 hour ago, Apak said:

They are beautiful. Age of your crocheting friend is amazing.

Do you give the blankets to the church and then they are gifted to all christened children?

I was thinking the same thing.  The blankets are amazing.  Does everyone get one?

• Like 1

The breakfast sausages look good. I'll take my eggs over medium please! 😂

I got through a whole round on the Mosaic without a mistake last night. Kuddos to me. I was too tired to press on, so, hopefully, I'll get more one round done this evening.

• Like 1

• judianne changed the title to Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS