Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS

judianne

A very thoughtful FL FGM gifted this pattern to me back in 2019.  I had thought I'd get to it sooner but it is perfect for this summer birthday theme.  I'm still trying to decide what sea creatures to add but it fits with the island theme.

Ocean Play Tower

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Bailey4 said:

A very thoughtful FL FGM gifted this pattern to me back in 2019.  I had thought I'd get to it sooner but it is perfect for this summer birthday theme.  I'm still trying to decide what sea creatures to add but it fits with the island theme.

Ocean Play Tower

You are amazing----all the wonderful things you make for your family and charity!  I so enjoy seeing all of your projects.

I wasn't sure exactly what to call it.  There is a round tall tank in the middle of the New England Aquarium that has always been my favorite part of the aquarium.  It is designed to be a coral reef and the levels build up from the ground to the top where you can look down. Here  This project made me think of a small crochet reef to add to the island.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bailey4 said:

I wasn't sure exactly what to call it.  There is a round tall tank in the middle of the New England Aquarium that has always been my favorite part of the aquarium.  It is designed to be a coral reef and the levels build up from the ground to the top where you can look down. Here  This project made me think of a small crochet reef to add to the island.

That aquarium looks so neat.  Zoo here is building an aquarium.  Hope its a nice one

• Like 1

I love the beach cover up!

You continually amaze me with your creativity!

That link is great! Love the pictures...

Bailey4,  your Ocean Play Tower is amazing! 

Afters "shawl season" (although there is another one on my hook) I'm looking for some new ideas for toys and I guess your set fits perfectly 😀  My nephew is one year old and it would be perfect gift for him. I think I may put some rattles inside the animals.

23 hours ago, Apak said:

And here is the last of my shawls - that one is for my boss 😁 But she is also my friend 😀

20210527_160648.jpg

Exquisite!!!!

This is 35 inches square and I'll be holding on to it in case I need a gift.

1st picture is outdoors.😁

20210613_140938.jpg

20210613_141114.jpg

• Like 2

I wanted to start the Ocean Tower, but I only have sport weight yarn. So I ordered the proper yarn but as sometimes I am a hothead :) , I couldn't wait to start working. So here is the first toy - the crab - made with thinner yarn. Well, I'll have a baby crab and a mammy crab:)

20210613_223905.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I made some of the animals with sport weight.  First they fit through the tower windows better.  Second they fit on my island play set better too.  I think you'll want heavier weight for the tower but I don't think you'll have an issue with the animals.

• judianne changed the title to Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS