Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS

judianne

On 4/27/2021 at 12:18 PM, Bailey4 said:

I got distracted from the bee project but I wanted to get it started again.  Hoping to finish it this week or the beginning of next.

Beehive Hot Pad

I love hotbeds, too. When I was pretty new to the group I received a nice bunch of hotpads from several ladies here and I love using them - they're better than anything you can get from a store: designs are unique and they are super thick!

9 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Beehive Playset

I love this woman's toy sets.  This one is actually for an adult but the sets are fun to make.

That's really cute!

Wow you guys have been busy.  Love the baby set and what can I say Chris.  You are making some very cute stuff.

Have not been crocheting lately, I hve to get back to it soon.

• Like 1

The last bee needs his legs sewn on but I took a break between making his legs to work on an ocean pattern from a library book.  I've since located a second hand copy as it is out of print but I wanted to see if I'd complete the patterns before buying and before I had to return it to the library.

Sperm Whale

3 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

The last bee needs his legs sewn on but I took a break between making his legs to work on an ocean pattern from a library book.  I've since located a second hand copy as it is out of print but I wanted to see if I'd complete the patterns before buying and before I had to return it to the library.

Sperm Whale

The whale is cute.

I'm working on the same idea as you for a set of sea creatures for my Grt-GS. So far I've printed out 6 patterns for the set and I'm in search for just the right octopus. For only 4 years old, he's very picky when it comes to accuracy. He's amazing!

• Like 2

On 4/29/2021 at 10:11 AM, Bailey4 said:

That's REALLY cute!

Sperm Whale

Another great one! Did you see any other patterns in the book that you liked??

The under the sea is just great.

Right now my hook is quite, but I hope to pick it up soon.

I thought I had a pattern for an octopus, but it is a small one.  If you find you want it, it was a free pattern.  Just give me a shout with an e-mail or pm.

Baby Oscar Octopus 001.jpg

• Like 2

This Dahlia blanket has been like chewing on a piece of liver. Not sure why--it's an easy 4 row repeat with lots of pretty colors. But I've been working on it for 3 months. Finished it up today just in time for my friend's birthday tomorrow.

20210502_174956.thumb.jpg.3188e3cb4334003922d567e5a935af9e.jpg

• Like 3

It was worth the effort. It turned out beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pic.

That's exactly how I feel about the afghan I'm working on: Liveritis! LOL

Hi peeps.

On 5/2/2021 at 7:15 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

This Dahlia blanket has been like chewing on a piece of liver. Not sure why--it's an easy 4 row repeat with lots of pretty colors. But I've been working on it for 3 months. Finished it up today just in time for my friend's birthday tomorrow.

20210502_174956.thumb.jpg.3188e3cb4334003922d567e5a935af9e.jpg

That is GORGEOUS! I think those are the suggested colors...?? I can't remember...

Mary Jo thanks for the offer of the octopus but I have a couple in the books I'm working from y challenge is to decide on one so they don't end up with an ocean of them.

I finished my final bee project and it buzzed off.

Bee with Blanket

That is super cute! I love it!

1 hour ago, NCcountrygal said:

Just finished. Not blocked. Mother’s Day gift. Blooming Azalea

That's beautiful! I can't imagine how thrilled she's going tp be with it!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, judianne said:

Hi peeps.

That is GORGEOUS! I think those are the suggested colors...?? I can't remember...

That is super cute! I love it!

That's beautiful! I can't imagine how thrilled she's going tp be with it!

Yes, it's the color pack she planned for it. 15 colors. I used the mixed colors layout instead of the colorwash one. I've done two others of hers using her color packs and it's always really nice colors. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 3:36 PM, ReniC said:

The whale is cute.

I'm working on the same idea as you for a set of sea creatures for my Grt-GS. So far I've printed out 6 patterns for the set and I'm in search for just the right octopus. For only 4 years old, he's very picky when it comes to accuracy. He's amazing!

If you don't want to buy the book you may be able to find it in the library.  I previewed their copy before buying.  Kerry Lord has a cool octupus (real looking vs. cute) in her How to Crochet Animals: Ocean.  There are several editions of her How to Crochet series focusing on different types of animals.

There is an even cooler one in Bathtime Buddies.  Again if you can find a library copy I'd suggest getting theirs.  This is the most realistic one I've come across to date.  You can buy the PDF copy from Martingale or I got a PDF from Ravelry so it stays in my library and I can dowload it again without having to find my saved copy.  There is a Kindle copy that is the cheapest route but I can't work from my Kindle while crocheting.  I've been hunting a second hand copy of this book but the prices are crazy.

I've seen lots of free "cute" octopi but so far these are the only 2 realistic looking octopi I've seen for amis.  I'm hoping to complete the Bathtime.  If not then I'll fall back to the Ocean version.

Edited by Bailey4

• judianne changed the title to Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS