Sorta New

OrangeCrush

Hi everyone!

I am sort of new in that I have been lurking for a while, but I finally registered. I really enjoy reading all the postings.

I am an advanced beginner to almost intermediate crocheter and an advanced beginner knitter.

I prefer to crochet:hook as I find it easier to put down and pick up again at a later time in the day. I try to crochet everyday, or at least surf the Internet for patterns and info.

I can read written and charted patterns, but still get mixed up once in a while when trying to do an unusual stitch or stitch placement.:(

My favorite crochet items are hats, especially vintage or strange hats.

Best Regards, Lisa

Hi everyone!!

I had the worst day ever yesterday...spent a good eight hours trying to crochet and frogging every effort. I have nothing to show for my efforts except I learned a few new things not to do...so I guess that's something then huh?

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. I am heading out now to grocery shop. Hopefully I can do that right. lol :hug Jody

WOW!! Thank you all for such a great Welcome :day This is really nice for me, I don't really know anyone in my area that crochets. There is one small yarn store and they are talking about having a Saturday afternoon knitting meetup. I hope they do, I also knit a bit. I am sure no one would care if I showed up with crochet, maybe I could show them a thing or two!

I drive a bus for a living and ask people all the time if they knit or crochet. It seems like only a few retired people knit around here, and even less crochet.

The only glimmer of hope is a church has started a youth crochet club for both girls and boys (6th thru 12 grade, I think) A girl from the club rides my bus, so I printed off some free patterns for her and she brought them to the club. Some footbags, a scrubbie (good fund raiser pattern, and good for learning how to increase and decrease) and a simple beanie hat that the snowboarders like to wear. I hope this appeals to the kids and keeps them interested.

So, I am trying to spread the word about how fun crochet is. Maybe the adults at the church will finally start a club too, that would thrill me as I haven't been able to find any adults on my own. :( I inquired about the time the youth club meets, thinking I might be able to help a little (still pretty new to crochet) but the time conflicts with my work schedule.

Well, again, thank you all for such a warm welcome, Best Regards, Lisa

Archived