G'Morning from Canada

Amma

G'Morning!

I have just joined your group and hope to be a member for a very long time :2hug

For those of you who may not be Icelandic, my name (Amma) means Grandmother.

I have 3 beautiful granbabies, 2 who live across the country from me and 1 that lives here in Winnipeg. Winnipeg is basically right smack dab in the middle of Canada.

I have been busy croceting hats, mitts, scarfs, slippers, etc. to give for Christmas. Since absolutely everyone I know has already received an afghan from me, I had to find something else to do heh heh

Now I am moving on to doll clothes, etc. I am presently looking for all kinds of outfits to crochet for dolls that are the size of a cabbage patch doll. Most areas I look all have many things for barbies, but the girls aren't quite at that stage yet, but will be soon I'm sure.

I'm trying to print as many patterns as I can, to put in a folder for my use only. I won't pass on any patterns unless the person who posted it says that it is fine with them. Although, I don't know many people who crochet anyways. I never did learn to knit, my Mom tried to teach me, but I just couldn't seem to get the hang of it.

Well, that should let you know a bit about me, glad I found your site & I hope to make many items you have listed on here!

Happy Hooking Everyone! :wink

Amma

HI and Welcome Amma, Look forward to seeing/hearing more from you. I hope you enjoy yourself here at Crochetville.

:ty WOW thank you everyone for such a warm welcome!

I hope to be around a lot & I look forward to chatting with many of you!!

Amma

Hi Amma!

I am from Toronto and joined just a little bit ago.

You are so lucky to have three grandbabies. I have four grown kids, but no one is married or thinking about kids. Too bad for me!

I have been making mitts, scarves and hat sets for Christmas gifts, too.

Rosemary

Thank you so much for welcoming me, I am amazed that there are so many parts of our world represented here! I'm also surprised that so many of you already knew what "Amma" means. Ususally, it's just other Icelanders who know that Amma means Grandmother!

I was not born in Iceland, have never been there, but would go in a second if I had a chance. I have many relatives there, my yougest son has been there, plus 2 of my neices and many others in our extended family have either been there or are wanting to go there.

Like I had said, I have done so may afghans, many sizes, many colours, I used to take pictures of them before I sent them on their way as gifts, but I don't have pictures of all of them.

Both of my sons are hockey fans, plus have played hockey since there were 3 or 4 years old, so my wish is that someday I will be able to crochet their favorite team logo's in a pattern, but I have made them afghans in the colours of their teams.

I'd like to thank all of you for the great links for me to go to find patterns for dolls, etc. You have been tremendous help.

Happy Hooking

Amma

:coffee

Hi Amma!

I saw a couple of your posts problems posting pics... let me know if you need a place to host them.. can put them on my site.

Also for cabbage patch doll clothes.. maybe newborn or premie patterns would be suitable? I am not sure how big a cabbage patch doll is.. i know smaller than a newborn.. so maybe preemie patterns would be a good place to start for patterns..

and again welcome to our little community!!

Archived