Aran Afghan

Celestial Seasonings

She loves it! She's been very careful to keep it away from her Siamese though. . . he eats sweaters for dinner, and munches on afghans for dessert! I'm actually working on a scarf for her right now to replace one that he "loved" to pieces. :eek

Gorgeous! in fact I have an afghan nearly identical to that one on my bed and I love it :manyheart . I found it at a thrift shop for $10 and HAD to rescue it and give it a loving home. Mine has that long latice fringe on three sides and fits my queen sized bed with plenty overhang on the sides and end. You did a fabulous job on yours!

Thank you!!! I'd love to see a photo of yours if you have one. I really hate seeing afghans in thrift stores and at the goodwill. . . it's so sad :( They do seem like they need rescuing!

Here it is: (clickable)

I took this some time ago, can't take a recent one as My camera batteries have been swiped by one of the boys. Mine is not nearly as detailed as yours though.

th_DSCF0114.jpg

It has little puff stitches in the center of each diamond pattern that don't show up well in the picture. I've seen some beautiful afghans at the local thrift stores and wish I could rescue them all.

That is one AWESOME afghan, Celeste - GREAT job! :cheer

I recently picked up the Herrschners Blue Ribbon Afghans book, and have been drooling and pondering over several patterns in that one. I can feel an afghan coming in my future soon, lol! One of these days I'll be brave enough to tackle an aran. They are truly stunning works of art. Your sister must be so thrilled to have received such a wonderful gift from you! I know I would be! :manyheart

• 3 months later...

Archived