CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

19 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Pam, it has some interesting stitch patterns. I like that the stripes aren't all the same width.

Yes, it’s really fun and interesting to do! I got stuck on the star stitch, but Annie’s Attic has videos you can watch for the different sections. 

There are only 2 more weeks in this year--hard to believe! At one point I thought I might end in the positive this year, but it doesn't look like it now. LOL

I've got to finish a scarf and weave in the ends on a blanket before Christmas. If there's any time left, I need to make two doll blankets for new baby dolls we're giving the younger GD. They may get done right after Christmas instead.

Hope everyone has a good week!

• Like 1

OMG...shot the moon again!!!  I’ll make a note to do the totals next week.  I have off for the rest of the year, so hopefully I’ll get some crafting time in. 😎

• Like 1

It's going to be a busy weekend. Assorted things to do today--bank, wrapping presents, changing sheets on DS bed, dust, sweep, make a dessert to go in the freezer. 

Tomorrow is GS's second birthday party (at my house). Sunday is start on Monday's list since I'll be gone a good chunk of Monday. My business partner decided this week that we needed to look at getting 1-2 vehicles before the end of the year. So I'll probably be coming home with a new SUV--exciting, but not good timing for my to-do list.

The extra company list for Christmas day is smaller than expected but we always have a crowd for open house Christmas Eve. This is the point in the holidays when I'll really be glad when it's over. LOL

WTD +1

• Like 1

Family Christmas party at our house tomorrow. Expecting 30. 😳 I'm almost ready, House is clean, gifts are wrapped. Making a couple of desserts today. Thank goodness we're having it catered. I just don't have the energy any more for all out hosting. 

Hope you all have a fabulous (stress free) weekend!

WTD 0

48 minutes ago, TexasPurl said:

Family Christmas party at our house tomorrow. Expecting 30. 😳 I'm almost ready, House is clean, gifts are wrapped. Making a couple of desserts today. Thank goodness we're having it catered. I just don't have the energy any more for all out hosting. 

Hope you all have a fabulous (stress free) weekend!

WTD 0

I'm envious of catering! The DIL with the three kids always says what do you want me to bring but I'm not good with delegating. The other DIL says I'm bringing x,y,z if that fits in with the your menu, which is so great. 

• Like 1

For the Week Ending on 12/21/2019:

Gold Medal Winner! pineknott +6

Silver Medal Winner! Inkked0317 +4 and PBLKNP +4

Bronze Medal WInner!  greyhoundgrandma +1

Holding Steady! TexasPurl 0

NO SHOOT THE MOON!!!

Thanks all, and Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Yule!  :manyheart

I have been working up a storm here for me and sister, then daughter.

WTD + 32. YTD +134 This will be my final count till January unless I manage to crochet before then. I didn't make it today for scores but that's okay put it on the end count .. Thank you

I haven't been her since Dec. 12th, but had 0 points anyway. I finished the penguins, made 5 more wreath pins and made 4 squares for the afghan. I only used 1 ball so far (+1). Since I started the afghan with full skeins, I should use more :yarn in next year's game. The baby shower is Feb. 1st, so I'll be working on the afghan every spare moment. 

WTD: + 1   YTD: + 115

Ellie 13

:ctree Merry Christmas !  :wreath  Happy Hanukah :menorah   :kwan

Edited by Ellie 13

Last night I thought I made a mistake in my score, so I edited my post. I forgot to say that my mom gave me 3 skein of :yarn for Christmas (- 6). At Thanks Giving, she said I was worried about running out of white, so it gave her the idea. I got white, black and a multi gray/black :yarn , don't know if it's :goodorbad . I made 3 more squares after lunch while mom and dad napped. I rolled a skein down (+ 1) :yay . If I finish at least 24 squares for the afghan (need 36) before Sat., I'll be back on the plus side. 

WTD: - 4  YTD: + 111

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

I got home from my parents early enough today so I'm at the library. I decided if I donated :yarn to the knit/crochet group today instead of next week, I would get  back on the plus side :lol . I gave a skein, 2 1/2 skeins and 2 balls (+6 ), but I'm taking a skein of Bernat Blanket (- 2). I'm adding + 4 to my score, so now I have 0 for the week.

WTD:  0   YTD:  +115

Ellie 13

Well, seeing as I gained a skein of that wonderful Mary Maxim yarn for Christmas, my score for the week will be:

WTD = -2

YTD = -17

😁🙂😍

Edited by PBLKNP

Hi everyone ♡ I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and I hope you all enjoy your New Year's celebration as well!! 

This week I made the Mackinac beanie as a last minute Christmas gift and used up a ball (+1), and I completed another portion on my Unicorn Rozeta and finished another skein there (+2). Unlike in years past, I took my cash gifts and used the money to sign up for virtual races for next year to help keep me motivated to be active instead of adding to my stash!

WTD +3

YTD +40

I'm so happy I got back to the positives after my series of splurges earlier this year!!! I think we all did well in 2019 ♡ and I'm looking forward to seeing what we make I 2020!

20191220_135142.jpg

• Like 1